Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Miles Irving
(05-28-2017, 02:58 PM)GypsyDogs Wrote: (You suppose I should send a pictorial to a certain trailer manufacturer??)

BTW, I looked at a trailer by that manufacturer today, given your experience I was laser focused on it's quality... it was lacking, significantly.
Add Thank You Reply
For your amusement..  during the removal of the old vent, hubby was getting a pic or two.. I didn't realize he was shooting video.  LOL

In my defense.. I was actually going to do that, I was just checking a few of the TerriblyRustyScrews to see if they moved.
There is a difference between my personality and my attitude.
My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

2 amazing dogs and Miles the 1987 Dodge B250
I live in the Uncanny Valley
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
GotSmart (05-30-2017), AbuelaLoca (05-29-2017), Queen (05-29-2017)
Sorted through all my acquired buildy stuff. Looks like I have most of the small things- fuse block, power sockets, wire connections, heat shrink, switches, even high cap wheels for my fridge roller!
Also, decided what the Other main color (paint) for the build will be.
Found my LED strip, connectors, curtain fabric, window tint, and I have Most of about a 200 watt/AH solar setup.. besides lumber and time... I'm good. lol

Add Thank You Reply
Plodding along is astonishingly fruitful over time.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
GypsyDogs (06-11-2017)
This week I got the carpet off the floor.
Now I need to add some actual Real ply for floor/attachment points.
then the lino (still have that from the failed-trailer project)
Found an awesome single-bay sink with No faucet holes.. just the 13x15 sink-
I have a plan for a bed that will usually be a 'short twin' (I'm 5'6" and dogs and I can sleep sideways across the back) but can be expanded to be an actual queen for when hubby comes with.
I've figured out most of the build layout, done a lot of measuring and staring.. lol
There will be a couple folding work spaces and some interesting approaches, but all in all I think it will work out pretty kewl.
Had an idea for side window curtains.. as the barn doors (side and rear) have holes where the screws/trim aren't. picked up a couple electric fence fiberglass rods and I have some of those tv-cable tiedowns and i can just 'buttonhole' the back of the curtain at the outside edges and that way it holds but is essentially invisible. And have an interesting idea for the big windows too- curtain wise. And lighting..
I'm gonna be busy with a camera/video once this gets going for reals. lol

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
GotSmart (07-01-2017), AbuelaLoca (06-19-2017)
When you need to keep the hole saw steady to remove the wood sub floor to patch holes..  make a jig.  Then keep it in place with duct tape..  Wink

Works great, and now I can get at the holes to use Marine Tex to seal them up!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GypsyDogs for this post:
AbuelaLoca (07-01-2017)
(06-17-2017, 08:24 AM)GypsyDogs Wrote: I've figured out most of the build layout, done a lot of measuring and staring.. lol

Oh boy, do I know that feeling.  Keep after it, one step at a time, you'll get there!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Putts for this post:
GypsyDogs (07-02-2017)
I really do try to do Something every day towards the van-build.
Some days it is not much, due to my job and other obligations.. but I try to do Something.
I also am trying to think through everything.. to minimize Rebuilds later, down the road (see what I did there? lol)
I think of a clever way to do something, then imagine it in use and often revamp the idea several times before I think I have it right.

Add Thank You Reply
AbuelaLoca (07-02-2017)
I hear ya. It really is surprising how often thing change in major and minor ways as you go along. I find when I'm actually about to cut wood, I'll often run through my head all the subsequent near-by features and processes. Generally I only write down stuff associated with the current step I'm on, and keep the big picture in my head. Over time, almost subconsciously, the big picture changes and morphs all on its own. For me, if I were to write down too much into the future, I might get over-fixated on it and not leave open opportunities and possibilities that might be much better.

There aren't many people who can say they've built their own home. To me, it feels like a kind of therapy where my internal needs and desires become a physical external creation that mirrors who I am in some ways. An external introspection, if you'd like.
Add Thank You Reply
floor holes cleaned, and sealed with some aluminum screen, cut to fit, and MarineTex. That should do.. lol

Add Thank You Reply
AbuelaLoca (07-18-2017)