Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
If I was a Man it might not matter/ Safety Issue
(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)ArtW Wrote: Not only did we never get robbed, all the neighbors were super polite, and the religious folks stayed away too Tongue

LOVE it, hilarious.
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
"I have come to believe that life is a series of ironic ambushes"
"It is not down on any Map; True places never are"
Add Thank You Reply
(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)ArtW Wrote: religiously keeping my targets (DPS Silhouettes) and had a ton of them, so me and Jeanne taped them up so nobody could look in ans see inside

What a great idea for cloth curtains or vinyl shades on a trailer or motorhome!

(checks the listings for custom curtain shops in my area)

Cool
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
GHostRiDer (05-19-2017)
(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)ArtW Wrote:  . . .keeping my targets (DPS Silhouettes) and had a ton of them, so me and Jeanne taped them up so nobody could look in ans see inside

I'm such a cheap bastard that my targets barely hang together and would be absolutely no good as window covering  Tongue

-- Spiff
Add Thank You Reply
(05-18-2017, 08:31 PM)ArtW Wrote: When I first moved into my mobile home (back before the first seperation) we didn't have ANY money for curtains or blinds, but I had been religiously practicing at the range, religiously keeping my targets (DPS Silhouettes) and had a ton of them, so me and Jeanne taped them up so nobody could look in ans see inside

Art, I think you need to go back to the "You ain't right" room and go stand in the corner...
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
AbuelaLoca (05-19-2017), dragonflyinthesky (05-18-2017)
I started out in a camper, a small one. I was very afraid when I started out. About a month into it, I forced myself to stay in a swampy area in mid Florida. I stayed four days. I was totally alone except for the occasional Hunter that came into camp. You know what happened? I started out terrified, there's lots of noise in a swamp, I was real scared the first night and day. By the forth day and night I realized absolutely nothing happened other than I became strong.

Now my dog is bigger, she was eight weeks old when I started this fabulous life, now I seldom am afraid and go wherever feels safe in my gut. Fear is good. Fear can be controlled, fear can come back. It's all okay.

I was hurt by a man outside a store a few years ago. I got away but I still suffer now and again when something triggers the terrible event. Life goes on but I feel safe out here, safer than in a town. I feel safe in my 18 foot camper.

Dragonfly
2016 blog:   http://chasingflowers.com
Greeting Cards I design:   https://www.etsy.com/shop/ChasingFlowersCards

"I was surprised mermaids were in fresh water too. I really must keep more open of a mind or I may someday lose track of reality. 

Diane
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to dragonflyinthesky for this post:
Queen (05-19-2017), AbuelaLoca (05-19-2017), slynne (05-19-2017)
I really appreciate the responses, getting a lot of good information. I am glad to know most of you have never had a bad situation. Many of you here said you started with one rig and then chose another because you found out you did not need that much room. I keep thinking on a limited income I would not be able to get another one, so have to decide on a good one to begin with. I am sure now I would need another one someday. When your downsizing from a 3/2 house they all seem small, but so cozy. I have lived in 2 room shacks when I was growing up.  I did not know about the leveling problem, thanks for that. I did not want to go above 24 foot because I know I would not feel comfortable driving something bigger. I also believe it would get me into more locations. Then I read how they are not built to last with full time living. I really did like the Lance Truck Campers. They seem to be built extremely good compared to an RV. They also are made for 4 season living, can go just about anywhere with a truck. The drawbacks are so much less storage space and space in general. Someday that might be all I want.

What would I do if I was hemmed in with a cliff behind me?  Someone is gonna move. I have found that people thinking you are crazy is a good thing. Besides, a little crazy goes a long ways toward your own sanity.

From what I am getting here, the chances of something bad happening is the same as a gorilla falling from a plane and crashing through my ceiling.  Rolleyes
"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us"
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to GHostRiDer for this post:
hepcat (05-19-2017), AbuelaLoca (05-19-2017)
(05-18-2017, 04:01 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Get a gun, a big protective barking dog, and put two chairs outside your camper, along with a large pair of dirty, gnarly mens boots sitting by the door. Mount some motion operated LED lights on all sides of the camper, and no one will bother you, ever.

Big Grin

I also heard you should leave several large dog bowls and the following note. "Frank, Don't let the pitbulls out, Samson tore up the neighbor this morning don't know what got into him but there was blood everywhere. Me and Elmer and Bubba went to the store to get more beer and ammo for target shooting. Be back soon.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 5 users say Thank You to GHostRiDer for this post:
DannyB1954 (05-19-2017), tx2sturgis (05-19-2017), Snow Gypsy (05-19-2017), AbuelaLoca (05-19-2017), Cammalu (05-18-2017)
(05-18-2017, 11:11 PM)GHostRiDer Wrote: .....went to the store to get more beer and ammo for target shooting. Be back soon.

I like the way you think!

Big Grin
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
DrJean (05-19-2017), GHostRiDer (05-19-2017)
Situational awareness will prevent it..or give you time to react accordingly. I spend my time awake at nights..stores at night. My head is on a swivel before I get out of my truck.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to OutdoorFT for this post:
GHostRiDer (05-19-2017)
You're welcome to use this as the shade on the window beside your door.

[Image: 34332923040_382a8aa0ec.jpg]Qualifying on FBI Q target 5/17/17 by Roger H, on Flickr
1995 Coachmen B19 rear dinette, E250 chassis, 351W & E4OD trans
2006 Born Free 32RQ on a Kodiak chassis, 8.1L V8 & Allison 5spd trans
2016 Jeep JKU 6spd stick
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to hepcat for this post:
GHostRiDer (05-19-2017)