Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wtf, someone is running this sprinter with 2 lugs on one wheel?
Just saw this parked and something looked off... took a closer look... I would not want to drive behind this guy on the interstate.  It's mushroomed out around those two lug nuts showing it's been driven this way.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to TMG51 for this post:
LayWoman for Christ (10-30-2017), gsfish (06-19-2017), AbuelaLoca (06-19-2017)
needs to be reported before someone dies,call that #
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Gary68 for this post:
LayWoman for Christ (10-30-2017)
On a personal note, I would have called and advised Law enforcement. Realize it's not on the road at that very moment, but still,,,,

funny you posted this as I saw a Chevy full size SUV, possible a 1990's era, this guy had put on 20 or 22" rims, the right front had and I kid you not 3 inches of camber play. I was actually worried when I passed him. I did not want to be near that POS. Seriously was expecting that wheel to fly off. I didn't get a chance to get a plate and call it in.
Box Stock 2007 Ford E-150 All Build Pics HERE
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to MikeRuth for this post:
LayWoman for Christ (10-30-2017)
I would have been tempted to put a note tucked into the drivers side window stating that the wheel is about to fall off.
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
can't fix stupid. but who can try to keep them off the road. that looks scary. I hate that style of lug nut are all sprinters like that? if they are that just lowered my rating of sprinters. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I dunno, I'm not familiar with that lug style, it looked different to me. I'm hoping this person realized the van is inoperable and left it parked. Will see if it's still there tomorrow.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to TMG51 for this post:
AbuelaLoca (06-19-2017)
oops that was supposed to read, but YOU can try to keep them off the road. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Tmg- do something please before they get in and drive off and get someone killed....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
rvpopeye (06-19-2017)
It is a lug bolt not nut.  I have a utility trailer from the '40s that have wheel bolts.

Not only is the wheel held on by 2 of 5 lug bolts, it is off center and not tight against the axle flange.  Impossible to drive without feeling the wobble.  Bolts will break soon; definitely an accident waiting to happen.

-- Spiff
Add Thank You Reply
Is that even the right wheel? Looks like the center doesn't match. At least if you are determined to use two lugs they should have a space between them. These look like they don't line up though. I hated those bolts on the air cooled VWs, you could get kits to convert them to studs with nuts. I did run a vehicle with three equally spaced bolts on a six lug wheel but slow and not too far. Can't remember how we got in that situation. I know that there were several European cars that used three lug pattern wheels.

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply