Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3.5 Average
The Fat Van rides again
Yup , turn the big red knob till you can push down the little red knob.

That opens the gas to the pilot light. Use a BBQ lighter to touch that off and keep holding the small red knob for a while till the pilot stays on when you release the small red knob. (you may need to relight the pilot)

At that point turn the big red knob to the on position , you'll hear and see the main burner ignite .It will burn until the set temp is reached.(the little knob on the front adjusts the set temp).

I usually turn off the main burner after the shower and reheat cycle is done. The pilot alone keeps the water hot for washing hands etc. It will even get it up to shower temp in a day or so. (Saves a LOT of propane and kills the "Jet Engine" at night so you ,and your neighbors sleep better !)

If the pilot won't stay lit no matter how long you wait , the thermocouple needs replacing.......
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
Gary68 (07-04-2017)
Damn Gary, that is pretty phat!
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
FibroWarrior (10-05-2017), Gary68 (07-04-2017)
One other thing...
The thermocouple needs to be in the pilot flame...... Wink
Stay Tuned
popeye

12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Add Thank You Reply
no where on the instructions does it say"bring your own flame"just says hold down the little red button till pilot is lit
which begs the question,what were they using in 1977? zippo?
so i guess i cant test till i have propane,oh well

a couple days from taking out giant windows,i want to tint them and after 2 days of research i know what i want,if i can afford it
huper optik ceramic 30% or so,it's the best for uv and infrared blocking but it turns out they only sell to select shop,no retail, so if anyone know a pro tinter that can get it lmk
Add Thank You Reply
an awesome score today thanks to Doug-abnorm

[Image: MJnpxcs.jpg]

not sure exactly how i will incorporate them but they will add some cool character
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Gary68 for this post:
FibroWarrior (10-05-2017), AbuelaLoca (07-09-2017)
The clock is a tickin

[Image: VxLHpai.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
THAT'S a clean window , Windex ??? Wink
Stay Tuned
popeye

Add Thank You Reply
FibroWarrior (10-05-2017)
dang I never realized that window was so big. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
it's giant,it's huge,it's impractically big
i'm looking at ceramic film and thinking of plywooding over half,i don't know,it's enormous
Add Thank You Reply
I'd make a cover for part of it with polyiso and luan.
That way , if you go anyplace with a great view (why go anywhere else?)
you can take it down and get you some panOrama!!
Stay Tuned
popeye

Add Thank You Reply
AbuelaLoca (07-09-2017)