Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walmart
154 places you can't spend the night.........

http://wgntv.com/2016/01/15/full-list-of...rt_closing

Dave
2003 Dodge 5.2 LWB Conversion Van in NJ
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to djkeev for this post:
Ballenxj (07-04-2017)
Thanks for the heads up. People just ruin everything for everybody. Sad
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
I believe a big majority of those likely weren't available for overnight camping to begin with. I was familiar with several of the express stores which were really new builds in more rural towns. There was no room for campers in their lots and even with permission after closing hours would have been a few short hours at most. Neighborhood market stores often located in neighborhoods that didn't want a full store there and some even didn't want a Walmart presence at all. NIMBY.
Add Thank You Reply
(07-04-2017, 10:49 AM)djkeev Wrote: 154 places you can't spend the night.........

Dave

Did you actually read the article you linked? It's a list from 1 1/2 years ago of stores that Walmart has closed.
I wouldn't have any expectation of spending the night at Walmart where there is no longer a Walmart store. Or maybe you can? May be a bunch of deserted parking lots?
Add Thank You Reply
I'm guilty of that too. I posted before realizing this was about closed Walmart's. I noted at least one on the list that has been closed for close to two years.
I cannot go back and edit the post now, so there it is.
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
"You Ain't Right" so there's your automatic excuse !
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
I have this link from RV Travel; http://www.walmartlocator.com/no-park-walmarts/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Weight for this post:
Sandal (07-05-2017)