Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
failed engagement in the van. Life lessons
Being in the van is teaching me about all of the ways I was making life hard for myself.

I'm grateful for it.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to franqmichele for this post:
Vesper (08-23-2017), Queen (07-31-2017), CautionToTheWind (07-31-2017), Cammalu (07-31-2017)
Excellent self-observation, thanks.
2004, Ford Freestar, Mini-Van, 18-mpg city and 21.5-mpg highway at 75mph, 3.9 engine, 168K+ miles.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Mike Yukon for this post:
franqmichele (07-31-2017)
(07-31-2017, 12:50 AM)franqmichele Wrote: Being in the van is teaching me about all of the ways I was making life hard for myself.

I'm grateful for it.

Glad to see that you are so open to learn! I feel like sometimes I am too hard-headed to see these things......

Big Grin
https://tinyurl.com/y74tm6pa

Proud YARC inductee
Add Thank You Reply
Great statement right there!
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to CautionToTheWind for this post:
Anything that moves us toward a "beginners mind" usually nudges us toward an improvement in our lives.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
(07-31-2017, 05:19 PM)akrvbob Wrote: Anything that moves us toward a "beginners mind" usually nudges us toward an improvement in our lives.

Thank you so much!! I love the concept of beginner's mind
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to franqmichele for this post:
Cammalu (07-31-2017)
(07-31-2017, 07:19 AM)Van Man Dave Wrote: Glad to see that you are so open to learn! I feel like sometimes I am too hard-headed to see these things......

Big Grin

Hi Dave, it's like a foam roller. You know you need to see them, but daaaanngg! It hurts!
Add Thank You Reply
I do see how dealing with various situations living in a smaller space could cause a person to take a closer look at how they deal with some things and also with others in their lives.

However would someone please tell me what a paint roller has to do with a broken engagement in a van?  I can see where a breakup would hurt......... but a paint roller?  I guess being beat severely about the head and shoulders would hurt.  Especially if the foam roller wasn't on it?

I'm going back to YARC..............I understand almost everything on that thread.

Jewellann
 It's too bad that closed minds often are not equipped with closed mouths
               That's All I Have To Say About That.........Forrest Gump 
                           I'm Not Here Dodgy  You Didn't See Me     
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Txjaybird for this post:
Cammalu (07-31-2017)
We see without eyes we understand without introduction we are all of us capable. Keep it simple.
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
(07-31-2017, 08:16 PM)Txjaybird Wrote: I do see how dealing with various situations living in a smaller space could cause a person to take a closer look at how they deal with some things and also with others in their lives.

However would someone please tell me what a paint roller has to do with a broken engagement in a van?  I can see where a breakup would hurt......... but a paint roller?  I guess being beat severely about the head and shoulders would hurt.  Especially if the foam roller wasn't on it?

I'm going back to YARC..............I understand almost everything on that thread.

Jewellann

I didn't get it either. I have known for awhile now the same thing... try to stay in the YARC. You are too funny Jewellan!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply