Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hesitant starting / misfire problem - 1993 Ford E-350
The 'absent tire' refers to removing the right front wheel so you can get to the first 2 plugs through the wheel well. It won't help you now but for future reference, here's some interesting reading on a Ford forum:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/51680...a-joy.html

Do you have a code reader for your van? My CEL came on and the van died on me several times just one day after I bought it! I bought an Innova 3145 OBD1 reader ($30 at Autozone) and found that I had knocked off a vacuum line when checking the tranny fluid. It ran fine after reattaching it to the fitting and I'm so relieved it was nothing serious. I've got all the parts to do the tuneup on mine, so I'll be tackling that soon.
"Not making a decision is a decision"

-Anonymous shrink
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to slow2day for this post:
Vagabound (08-13-2017)
Tom, yeah IAC can stand for I'm Always Cussing also. lol I meant Idle Air Control in this case. Haven't had occasion to test it again but I believe one other person out front that can stick an arm down and place a finger on that side would turn that into just a few minute job.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Dennis for this post:
Vagabound (08-13-2017)
(08-12-2017, 09:02 PM)slow2day Wrote: ... Do you have a code reader for your van?  ... I bought an Innova 3145 OBD1 reader ($30 at Autozone) ...

I've got the same code reader. I'm still trying to figure out if it's helpful or not. It has given me some information, but less than totally clear. Plus I've had mechanics say that codes from OBD1 vehicles are not that reliable. Who knows. I'll keep using it in hopes that it will shed some light as things occur. Glad that it worked well for you.

Tom
Also officially hates touch screens ... and not so smart phones ... oh, and those squeaky little shoes that Satan invented for toddlers.

Add Thank You Reply
BTW: If you're not already a member of a Ford forum, I would suggest asking questions on this one:

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum128/

You're more likely to get better info from a brand specific forum like that one.
"Not making a decision is a decision"

-Anonymous shrink
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to slow2day for this post:
Vagabound (08-15-2017)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Drum brake job - 1993 Ford E-350 Vagabound 90 2,576 07-30-2017, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Gary68
  Diagnosing a starting problem MrNoodly 1 322 01-16-2017, 07:00 PM
Last Post: gsfish