Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
We are TURNING OFF email Notifications
(08-15-2017, 06:41 PM)swankiewheels Wrote: Off topic to Subject line... but I still have a serious learning curve using the forum.  How do you begin a new thread???  I was looking for a Health category.

If you go to the main forum page each of the sections shows up that you don't see if you're using the 'View New Posts' or 'View Today's Posts'.

Pick your section and then click 'Post Thread' - it's on the upper right hand side of your screen.

That will let you start a new thread in that section. Don't forget to put a title in or it won't post IIRC. BTW, spell check doesn't seem to work on the thread title section only on the body of the post.

Health matters is included in the 'Personal Hygiene' section of the forum mostly.
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Lady Arabella - 2002 GMC Savana 2500, fiberglass high top DIY conversion  
Link to the building of her here: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer as of November 24, 2015

Add Thank You Reply
I had hopes that the emails would end by now...but...nope..still getting them this morning.

I "get" how people become so frustrated that they start to take step to end it themselves.

It's been days...and they still keep coming.
"I never saw a sight that didn't look better looking back"

1988 Honeywell.  E350 chassis   21'
Add Thank You Reply
(08-14-2017, 05:15 PM)akrvbob Wrote: I've asked the webmaster to do it, but it is not a big hurry so she'll fit it in her schedule when she can.

(08-17-2017, 09:10 AM)RoamingKat Wrote: I had hopes that the emails would end by now...but...nope..still getting them this morning.

I "get" how people become so frustrated that they start to take step to end it themselves.

It's been days...and they still keep coming.

We'll all just have to have patience until the webmaster can get to it.  I have no idea how complicated it is or what her schedule is like.

And then expect that even once it's turned off, the email queue might take some time to empty.
Add Thank You Reply
I have never had any problem with emails from this site, probably because I always go into my User CP at every forum I join and opt out of automatic subscriptions. Otherwise, you get notified every time you post to a thread, unless you go back into your User CP and manage each subsciption by selecting not to receive email notifications.

If I do decide to subscribe to a thread, I use the Thread Tools to do so and always go into my subscriptions and turn off automatic email notifications. If I want to see updates on my subscribed threads, I can view them from my User CP - but I always start off viewing the board by selecting New Posts or Today's Posts anyway, which takes care of seeing new stuff.

My email notifications for PMs works just fine, but one can always opt out of those, too, in User CP. Anyone who joins an online forum like this should get familiar with the choices they have in their User CP (stands for "Control Panel").
Add Thank You Reply
Since this announcement was posted here 9 days ago...the amount of email from this site has actually grown!

This morning my inbox was flooded with email from here...again

If I tag them as spam...the isp will note this site as a possible spam generator.    Meanwhile...the task of sortng the actual email from the junk seems to be growing.

I am really wishing your webmaster gets this job done...soon.

City woman.. I "turned off" all automatic notifications from this site months ago. It never worked. I requested these emails stop, month ago. It never worked. This annnouncement it good news...just wish it would get done!
"I never saw a sight that didn't look better looking back"

1988 Honeywell.  E350 chassis   21'
Add Thank You Reply
RoamingKat
Since this announcement was posted here 9 days ago...the amount of email from this site has actually grown!

Got my ration of them again this morning.
Sometimes I get notification for the same post over, and over, again, and again.  All of course five days after I've already read those posts.  Sad
Doing the Van thing since the early eighties.
Add Thank You Reply
I don't use the email notifications so won't miss them. And spam can be a serious legal issue so smart decision.

And everyone should be patient, these things take time to figure out. Let's be kind and supportive of the team here.
~ Cheli ~

Looking forward to becoming a nomad and living free.

www.runningawayfromhome.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Cheli for this post:
Kathleen (Yesterday)
The webmaster wanted to try one more thing to solve the problem but it doesn't seem to have helped

So I asked her again to turn them off. Hopefully, it will get done soon.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply