Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting back into T-trailer camping
Photo 
Just purchased, 19' 1998 self-contained Aerolite, has AC, 5 cu ft fridge & microwave (no oven).  Everything works great, need battery.  Paid $1,800.  Seller had modified bed to make more storage underneath.  He moved tanks out of the inside to the tongue.  I liked that.  Seller threw in a tongue lock & load leveling hitch.  Need to have receiver hitch, brake control & 7-pin female plug installed, quoted $590.  Taxes, title & tags = $218/paid.  Removed his bed configuration, will not reinstall couch/bed.  Bed frame $73/paid.  Have twin mattress & bedding.  Should sleep 5-6 but I will use overhead bed for added cabinet storage.  Will be $2309 into it before getting on road.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to RVWanderer for this post:
rvpopeye (08-13-2017), bullfrog (08-13-2017)
That's a screaming deal--good for you!
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
RVWanderer (08-13-2017)
Talking to the seller I came to the conclusion that he just wanted to get the trailer sold. He told us he had listed at 10 PM the night before. At 11 PM he got his first call, he said he wouldn't show it until tomorrow. Next morning I called as soon as I saw the ad & had read it. He called back said he would be there until sold. I told him we would be right down, this was 8 AM. We grabbed the cash, arrived within 15 minutes. Made the deal not more than 10 minutes later. He told us he had 10 people coming to look at it.

We shook hands, he got the title & while signing the paperwork including Bill-Of-Sale he received 3 more calls. We had cash, paid him in 20's, my SIL came over & towed it. After that I finally got a closer look at the inside & realized I had made a DEAL! Few minor repairs & fixes, wash the seat covers, clean the windows, change the shower curtain,,,etc. We even were left with some of his camping needs. Checked NADAguides listed as much detail & equipment as I could, low retail was $4,500 high was $5,600. I never get a deal, I get 'buyer's remorse' most times, not this time.
Add Thank You Reply
That is awesome!
Looks cozy too!

Whats your tow vehicle? Or are you just parking it somewhere?
Add Thank You Reply
(08-13-2017, 11:02 AM)OutdoorFT Wrote: That is awesome!
Looks cozy too!

Whats your tow vehicle? Or are you just parking it somewhere?

Tow vehicle for now is a 1997 Chev G30 cargo van that was converted for camping.  It has high miles but I spent time & money having it cleared & upgraded by a well-reviewed mechanic.  Put new tires on it, runs fantastic but didn't like the low head room.  Decided since I'm not homeless, am retired with adequate income I would upgrade a little.  The van has a 350 all new belts, hoses, battery, wires & plugs.  It's just ugly & needs a paint job but will do.  Hopefully in the spring I can recoup some of my expenses by selling it.  I'll be looking for a newer 1/2 ton with canopy, tow package, 2WD is ok.  Just me & the wife, not pet people either, but love camping.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to RVWanderer for this post:
OutdoorFT (08-13-2017)
(08-13-2017, 11:17 AM)RVWanderer Wrote: Tow vehicle for now is a 1997 Chev G30 cargo van that was converted for camping.  It has high miles but I spent time & money having it cleared & upgraded by a well-reviewed mechanic.  Put new tires on it, runs fantastic but didn't like the low head room.  Decided since I'm not homeless, am retired with adequate income I would upgrade a little.  The van has a 350 all new belts, hoses, battery, wires & plugs.  It's just ugly & needs a paint job but will do.  Hopefully in the spring I can recoup some of my expenses by selling it.  I'll be looking for a newer 1/2 ton with canopy, tow package, 2WD is ok.  Just me & the wife, not pet people either, but love camping.
Awesome! 1/2 should haul that no problem. Thats my only issue with finding a rig...enough room for the fur babies. Congrats on the trailer
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to OutdoorFT for this post:
RVWanderer (08-13-2017)
Sweet deal on a nice little rig ! Big Grin
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC
12 "Stinkin'Badges" ? , 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters , 4 "Pine Cone" clusters and NOW 2 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"award! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !)
(I'm not allowed to add a tongue out smiley so TBTBTBTBTBTB!!)  

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
RVWanderer (08-13-2017)
"Steal" not a deal.
-Zonie
Still Workin...
Add Thank You Reply