Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodstove in a van?!?!
Saw this on Pinterest. Is that really a small woodstove on the right? Would it be safe? Practical? Anyone else have a setup like that?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to CatCaretaker for this post:
AdventurousAdriana (11-08-2017), simply lesa (08-24-2017)
Justincredible (youtube) put one in his 19ft motorhome. Not much bigger than a van length wise.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to OutdoorFT for this post:
akrvbob (09-23-2017)
There are also marine coal/pellet stoves, which are even more compact, but rather expensive.
[Image: W2lacLw.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
That's an awesome build. I just love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
a van is kinda of tight for the required clearances. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Often with the small ones + small places, balancing the heat and attempting to regularly clean your flue can be a challenge. Can be done however one must be mindful; a continuous chore. Bends in the fireplace flue not only impede the inflow of oxygen and outflow of byproducts, they also can make fireplaces more difficult to clean, as soot and creosote can collect at the offset points.
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to CautionToTheWind for this post:
simply lesa (08-24-2017)
Yes I have a grizzly model and think they are awesome (though I have never used it) if you have the room and place to put one. Clearance to combustibles or suitable protection with proper air gap is a must in figuring out installation.  They are expensive lil things too but much cheaper than than most other Marine type wood stoves.

The Kimberly stove Justin put in his previous rig is like the Ferrari of wood stoves but it's also a $4k stove! He now has the smaller cub mini cubic stove in his current van. The biggest issue would be maintenance and cleaning the flue regularly. I saw one guy on YT had issues with it clogging from creosote buildup granted he was using it 24/7 also. The problem was reduced by running a double wall pipe instead if a single wall pipe which keeps more heat inside the flue and reduces the creosote.  

My intention was to put it in a Skoolie build but ended up buying a small class C MH instead which also has a slide so there is no room to install it. Will give a good deal on it if anyone is interested lol! Will be in Ehrenberg/Quartzsite for the winter.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Stormy for this post:
AdventurousAdriana (11-08-2017), PattySprinter (10-16-2017), simply lesa (08-24-2017), OutdoorFT (08-22-2017)
Storm im interested in the Grizzly,

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Keep It Simple!
Simply,
Lesa

simplylesa.blogspot.com
Add Thank You Reply
If *I* saw smoke billowing out of the top of a vehicle I'd be calling 9-1-1!

Big Grin
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
snarfersnarf (12-12-2017)
Call away! Im allergic to propane heat can be an issue. Id be careful like one would need to be in a boat!

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Keep It Simple!
Simply,
Lesa

simplylesa.blogspot.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to simply lesa for this post:
dawnann7 (12-25-2017)