Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Woodstove in a van?!?!
Yes I do as well as a smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm. I have always had these in my house, but for some reason it's time to put it in my camper and I'm a little bit scared. I know there is not a video out there on this subject that I have not watched.

Good advice about an outside burn.
Guess I will be burning paint instead of dinner tomorrow.
Add Thank You Reply
Check out Moose Henderson's "MooseVilla" group on Facebook. You will have to join the group to see posts.

He has a tiny wood stove in his minivan conversion with some good pics and info in the posts and comments. He previously built a tiny house and has some good common sense.
Sofie the Sprinter, 2002 low roof

www.sondrarose.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to SondraRose for this post:
rm.w/aview (12-15-2017), 5frliving (11-23-2017), UptownSport (11-23-2017)
Any updates on the installation? My ammo can woodstove is done but not installed yet.
Research your own experience; absorb what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is essentially your own.  ~ Bruce Lee

My new blog and discussion!  http://mebelikemeare.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Headache for this post:
UptownSport (12-12-2017)
(10-19-2017, 11:02 PM)wasanah2 Wrote: I've used a tent stove in a wall tent.  If you like the ambiance of a wood stove, just pitch the correct tent with a stove jack in it.  Get a tent stove and use it safely and you'll be happy.  I plan to erect a wall tent when I have family with me and will do just that.  For one person, it just seems like too much to put up.  But for a couple staying a couple weeks somewhere, I think it would be ideal.

They aren't particularly cheap, but you can take any canvas tent of size that is tall enough to stand up in and install a stove jack if you follow the directions to do it safely.

Hey, I have an article about a 1923 car with a wood stove in it on my thread under CAR called History of Auto-Camping LIfestyle.  Go to page 2, post #16 to see a pic of it.  (Click on the thumbnail)  It looks like they take down the chimney while driving. 

http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...yle?page=2

I have a tent stove in my RV double walled metal floor and walls around it with open front, it will burn all night with hard wood damped down, spent a winter in Missoula MT and it was free heat you  need a fan to circulate the air or the floor will be cold, the only time it gets tricky is when the wind blows hard had to make a shield for pipe so it wouldn't down draft when the fire died down, other than that I love it. In phx now and gathered plenty of wood from bulk pick up.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to zeke55 for this post:
rm.w/aview (12-15-2017), dawnann7 (12-15-2017), UptownSport (12-14-2017)
(09-23-2017, 05:56 PM)UptownSport Wrote:  9/10 Fishhouse occupants are lit up more than the stove.

Smile Classic Smile
Cheers, Rick
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rm.w/aview for this post:
UptownSport (12-15-2017)
I'm planning on using the Cubic Mini Cub model in my Ford extended. https://cubicminiwoodstoves.com/

They have wall mount, which reduces clearances needed (for a $ price). I'll let you know how it works out in a year-ish.
Add Thank You Reply
Justincredible just released a new video on his cubic mini install.  It looks awesome!  I can't wait to get one of these. Smile
Add Thank You Reply
(08-22-2017, 08:17 PM)CatCaretaker Wrote: Saw this on Pinterest. Is that really a small woodstove on the right? Would it be safe? Practical? Anyone else have a setup like that?

NIfty, but when you want to "Turn down" the heat, well, you have to wait. I just toggle the switch on my heater.
"Today, most of the good people are afraid to be good. They strive to be broadminded and tolerant. It is fashionable to be tolerant but mostly tolerant of evil and this new code has reached the proportions of demanding intolerance of good."
Add Thank You Reply
(01-08-2018, 12:45 PM)Wanderer Wrote: NIfty, but when you want to "Turn down" the heat, well, you have to wait. I just toggle the switch on my heater.

No need to wait, you can just crack a door or window... that does a great job at cooling things down fast. Wink
Add Thank You Reply