Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EZ Pass Tracking
Do not worry about ezpass tracking. They don't care where you sleep. They only want you to see the tolls you are paying so you don't feel cheated. If you should rob a bank, then they will tell the cops where you are driving. In the rest stop, the patrolling officer will know how long you are there without ezpass info.
Add Thank You Reply
If we're talking about the same ezpass I have, then no, it's a 20 initial deposit. Not monthly. Supposedly they can take it away if you don't use it enough but they haven't pulled mine yet and I might use it once a year.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Gypsy Jane
Camped somewhere, somewhen.
Add Thank You Reply
That's so you can tell if you are charged for a tool you didn't go through.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
Gypsy Jane
Camped somewhere, somewhen.
Add Thank You Reply
NJ Ez Pass. They have my deposit, they get $1 a month. I'm linked to a card. They will not take it away.
Add Thank You Reply
It's been a bit of time now.. and I gotta say.. I am SO GLAD I got the EZPASS. The times I go in & out and sleep there are documented, but they don't seem to care. I don't have to worry about having change. They do charge for billing and invoicing, but it's cheap. I have a $25 auto refill, if my balance falls below whatever amount, they take $25. It's worth the time that's saved from forgetting to get cash or enough change, or the lines for tickets or paying.
My second winter is starting. Got my EZ Pass, got my Heater Buddy. Bring it on Big Grin
Started fulltiming 01/17 -  '98 Chevy Express 1500 Gladiator 
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ArmorAbby for this post:
Gypsy Jane (11-20-2017)
If you can...keep a close eye on your bank balance

Ezpass once withdrew hundreds of dollars from my bank...in a single month. I only knew it when my checks were bouncing!

It took more than a month and two letters to the States Attorney General to finally get a complete and up to date statement from ezpass.

Someone figured out how to hack the transponder. Ezpass billing showed me coming over one of the bridges near NYC at the same time I was going through a toll on the Masspike hundreds of miles away.

I did get all my money back....but still have a massive hassle with all those bounced checks.

Now, I never allow any business, etc to automatically withdraw from my checking
"I never saw a sight that didn't look better looking back"

Kat, Smidge the cat, and Honey

1988 Honeywell.  E350 chassis   21'
Add Thank You Reply
(08-24-2017, 01:14 PM)Trebor English Wrote: There are roadside radios set up to interrogate transponders that are nowhere near toll roads.  I have only seen non toll interrogators on interstate highways.  I can't guess why they would do that.  

Toll prices with the transponder may be less than cash.  There are two that I often drive by that are $.87 by transponder and $1.00 in cash.  I have a transponder to save money and avoid the cash line when the line is long.  Sometimes I roll it up in my tinfoil hat when I would rather pay cash.  Tracking is not an option.  They have license plate readers at all the toll locations in Florida.  New Jersey may spend their tax money differently.

Did I see Florida?????
Looking for fellow stealthy's in FL..
Was going to head to the RTR however. Van and family concerns won't allow this year however.. I will show up in 2019..with all kinda bells on !!!!
Anyone not doing RTR in FL who might wanna connect over the next few months ..say in Arcadia ...or further south ( I prefer warmth ) ( and yes I'm a WUS )
Spark...
The Shift Chick
All who wander are not lost !

* Gina  - 1994 Ford Cargo
Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
1998 - Plymouth  Grand Caravan..
Add Thank You Reply
Arcadia, Florida... https://www.campendium.com/deep-creek-preserve
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply