Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
RTArtCamp 2018
(09-20-2017, 02:45 PM)PattySprinter Wrote: I can teach an intro to oil painting if there is an interest.
Here is a painting I did in 2016.

I would love to learn about oil painting.  I paint with acrylics and have wanted to expand my skills.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-18-2017, 05:10 PM)grammahugababy Wrote: Doing this on my stupid smartphone so will see if it works.  GRIN.  I didn't teach any classes the last two years but each year before that I have taught wire jewelry classes.  I provide all of the wire and beads etc and I have tools that we can use.  There is never a charge for my classes.  This year I am absolutely going to limit the classes to NO MORE than 10 people.  The last class I taught at RTR was 27 people and it was just to hard to help everyone who needed me.  I will do as many classes as needed just no more than 10 per class GRIN.  It would be wonderful to have a special place to leave sign up lists and just hang out with other crafters.  Looking forward to learning new stuff too.
I'm so glad you will be doing wire wrapping.  I want to learn!  And I find my phone tricky, too.  There were responses here I'd missed because I had a hard time navigating from one page to the next.  But I've got it now!
Add Thank You Reply
(09-07-2017, 07:30 AM)TheSun Wrote: RTR was so big in 2017!  A separate music camp broke off so they could make all the music they wanted without bothering anyone in the main camp.  I had a delightful time making artwork and giving a presentation on eBay selling while on the road.  Now as I plan for RTR2018, I've talked to Bob about an idea and he said, "Go for it!"  And so a new auxiliary to the RTR begins:  RTArt Camp!

What I envision is simple:  An area within the main camp where we will have some tables, maybe canopies, and donated art supplies.  Some open art-making studio time when people are welcome to come play, and classes if people step up to teach.  Maybe a sewing circle if there is interest. 

Who can donate art supplies?  Lend us tables or canopies?  Teach a class?  Blaize Sun and I will coordinate, and we'd love your help, input, and ideas.

Sue Soaring Sun
1984 Lazy Daze 20-footer
On the road since 2011
I can help. I have a BFA in both painting and drawing. I can teach a class or hold a demonstration.  Currently I'm working digitally - I have a 27 inch cintiq that I work on and can demonstrate how digital art can do anything a brush and paint can - but without the mess lol. I also travel with all my paint and drawing media. If interested you can email me at mikenphx34@aol.com.  I check my email several times a day.
1998 Tioga Phoenix flyer 24ft class c with a 1000 watts of solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Zardor for this post:
TheSun (10-03-2017)
Wow!
This sounds Great !
Would I be allowed to attend Bob's RT University if I sit in the back row ?
I like to learn stuff !
wheels
I am a pathological liar and functional illiterate...  :-)
Add Thank You Reply
So I got really happy when I realized we could do figure drawing or portrait drawing, simply by hanging out together at RTArt Camp and taking turns posing for short and long sketches!
Add Thank You Reply
Okay, I am writing the schedule for the RTR and now the rubber hits the road, talks cheap, who is going to step up and be responsible to make this happen?

You must be 100% certain you will be there and you must field questions and speak for the event. I'll give you a chance to announce it daily.

I'm going to assign the "roads" at RTR colors and then put up colors on each road so everybody knows where they are. That way, we could invite all artists to camp along one road. Or, you could all camp on the north side of camp, but you would be further out from camp.

I'd also like to do an arts/crafts class, where you all just gather to do your work and share the experience with each other. BUT, someone must be responsible for it! You need to provide the location (usually your rig) announce it, answer questions, and be there to facilitate it when it happens. Nothing will ever happen without one central person, or sometimes a group of people, with a vision.

All I'm doing here is providing you with ideas, I'm too busy to do this for you. If you want it to happen you must make it happen and then tell me what you want.
DON'T MAKE ANY PROMISES YOU WON'T KEEP!!
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 6 users say Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
mert6706 (11-07-2017), Sonyatech (11-04-2017), TheSun (11-02-2017), Nissi (10-25-2017), Maggie Flinn (10-24-2017), highdesertranger (10-24-2017)
Rainbow 
(09-18-2017, 05:10 PM)grammahugababy Wrote:   I provide all of the wire and beads etc and I have tools that we can use.  There is never a charge for my classes.  This year I am absolutely going to limit the classes to NO MORE than 10 people.
Another great offering! This year's RTR sounds like it's shaping up to be the best ever! Smile
"Awareness is your greatest skill."
Tom Brown, Jr.
Author, Teacher, Outdoorsman
Tracker School, NJ
Add Thank You Reply
The can only be there a few days, but I would love to bring my acrylic stamps, washi tape, some scrapbook paper, and I'll pick up some white card stock. We could make calendars and decorate?
I still work full time, so I can only take a weekend and 2 days- wound it be best to show up near the beginning of the RTR, middle, or towards the end?
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to ValerieP for this post:
Jerry1088 (11-01-2017)
My art stuff/supplies travel with me 24/7 I would offer but my current state of mind would not support the logistics involved . It is a challenge for the landscape artist the subtle beauty of the surroundings require in my opinion astute observations to contribute to the dynamics of any attempt . Having worked in groups lightens the atmosphere and is a welcome change from working alone. In short a good idea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
No one has stepped up yet, so as of now, this is not going to happen--which is a shame!!

We can't wish it into reality, it's going to take some work.
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply