Pick state flowers
Let yourself drift off to sleep
Stay overnight at a fancy-ish hotel
These things would be perfect for all.
Add Thank You Reply
Geocaching is a natural fit.
frater/jason @ Quartzsite
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
Does anyone know a medical term for fear/loathing of hotel/motel rooms? The others sound reasonable.
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
I'm with you wagoneer, though i've used them on occasion, I've never enjoyed nor have I been able to get comfortable in one, the thought of sleeping in a bed thousands of others have slept on doesn't do it for me.

One of my favorite activities on the road is to pull off at a scenic overlook or other similar type place and cook a meal on the go, gives your body an hour or so out of the vehicle and you're much more relaxed when hopping back in the captains chair to head back down the road.
I've learned that making a living is not the same thing as making a life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Every Road Leads Home for this post:
AnnaP (12-03-2017), Estelle (12-02-2017)
Sometimes I like to just sit and watch people. I try and not be creepy about it. I enjoy wondering where that guy is going or what those teens are getting into or whatever my imagination serves up.
96 Dodge Ram Van 3500 360 5.9L
Add Thank You Reply
Does that mean you don't wear your clown outfit, Wabbit?
Add Thank You Reply
(09-16-2017, 10:02 AM)TrainChaser Wrote: Does that mean you don't wear your clown outfit, Wabbit?

I gotta say, I got the impression that people were more comfortable with the clown outfit than they are with getting scoped by binoculars from 40 feet away. If you're into people watching and don't like all the confrontations with people asking you what you think you're doing, take off your pants. Its like you magically turn invisible, people don't even acknowledge you're there!(Learn from my mistake though, don't do this around schools at about the time you think recess might happen.(was that too much? I'm thinking that might be too much...))
96 Dodge Ram Van 3500 360 5.9L
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Wabbit for this post:
dawnann7 (12-02-2017)
No, not too much. And when I did it outside a school (senior education center counts right?); no one seemed to mind, some even laughed so it must have been something else about you Wabbit that set off their alarms ....
"Having the gumption to live different and the sense to let everybody else live different.  That's the hardest thing, hands down." --- Alice Venable Middleton
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Thirsty Boots Nomad for this post:
Wabbit (09-16-2017)
Picking the state flower or any other flower may be illegal. Check the local laws
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to cyndi for this post:
highdesertranger (09-17-2017)
I hope to bring metal detector, gold panning pans, easel and oils, Kindle. Have small bag of cards, dice, slingshots. Have cameras. Collecting DVDs for boondocking movies. Started website so I will have a place to store photos taken with pre-mentioned cameras. Plan to get some stretch bands for exercise that needs to start now, not when I'm out in the woods. Cooking is a hobby of ours we are bringing an outdoor propane oven and stove. And cots for naping under the trees and staring at the night sky.
Christine, http://www.RoadTripsAndCampfires.com
Currently:  1989 Class B Dodge 350 Hightop
Currently:  Silverado 2500 HD 4x4
Near future:  Trailer of some sort behind the truck
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to RoadtripsAndCampfires for this post:
GettinHitchy (12-02-2017), Estelle (12-02-2017)