Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
portable shower stalls
Now this is my idea of a great camp shower. Would be outrageously expensive, I'm sure, but gosh I'd love this on my truck!

https://youtu.be/Hsh8t-y-0wI

This is from Andrew St Pierre White, who does serious overlanding around the globe!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to KathyC for this post:
GypsySpirit (11-09-2017), acfdexpo (10-22-2017), Motrukdriver (10-21-2017)
(10-21-2017, 07:51 PM)KathyC Wrote: Now this is my idea of a great camp shower.  Would be outrageously expensive, I'm sure, but gosh I'd love this on my truck!

I can't find a price anywhere but I bet I could make one or something very similar.  Probably use stuff from here and a little imagination.  https://8020.net/
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
KathyC (10-22-2017), bullfrog (10-21-2017)
(10-21-2017, 10:14 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote:  
I can't find a price anywhere but I bet I could make one or something very similar.  Probably use stuff from here and a little imagination.  https://8020.net/

That is sweet.  It'll be better if it's home made.  If you make it, be sure to take pix and share how you did it.  I think others would want to do the same.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to wasanah2 for this post:
KathyC (10-22-2017)
Hmm, if I were to build a shower I think I'd go with a tote plus some conduit to hold up the water bag.
A couple lengths of conduit with tapered ends to slid into eachother would keep it compact.
A clamp and hula hoop on top to hold a shower curtain and all the pieces could fit in the tote for storage.
If it breaks or blows away just build another one for a few bucks.
That said, I just used gym showers typically and when camping went with wet wipes, haha.
There is no replacement for: Research, Planning, Training, and Practical Experience
Add Thank You Reply
I been thinking about that mounted to the vehicle shower stall and I believe I have an idea that will work. If I was home I could draw it out on my cad system but that will have to wait till I get back. So in the meantime I was checking out shower curtains to put around it. Yes? No?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073QHZQHM?psc=1
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
GypsySpirit (11-09-2017), Cammalu (10-24-2017)
I like the weed sprayer idea from one of Bob's videos to use as a shower. I'm thinking a 5 gallon bucket with a gamma lid, some bulkhead fittings, a sink sprayer and a foot pump. That way you don't have to lift anything over your head. Just put 3 or so gallons of warm water in the bucket, screw on the lid, attach the sprayer and foot pump. Then just pump up the pressure enough to make the water spray with the foot pump and when the pressure drops you can just pump it a few times again.

Add Thank You Reply
I just purchased a potty/shower tent. It came with small sandbags which I figure won't do the trick in the kind of wind people are warning me I might expect in Quartzsite. I can't figure out how to weigh it down so it doesn't blow over. It doesn't have a floor and there is a small gap between the walls and the ground. I can envision the wind getting in there and dumping it over, even blowing it away. The stake ropes are the only place to attach anything. There are short stakes which I already know I need to replace with longer ones. Anybody have any ideas? Thanks
Add Thank You Reply
Mine has tie out spots at about the 4' high level that I have attached paracord to on occasion. I've tied it off straight out to the van, a close tree, basically anything I can find. I usually only have to tie it out in one direction - wherever the wind is coming from that day.

My shower tent is one of those pop-up kinds that tend to sway in the breeze so I've learned to set it up in a spot where I can find something to tie off to.
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
(10-24-2017, 05:34 PM)Almost There Wrote: Mine has tie out spots at about the 4' high level that I have attached paracord to on occasion. I've tied it off straight out to the van, a close tree, basically anything I can find. I usually only have to tie it out in one direction - wherever the wind is coming from that day.

My shower tent is one of those pop-up kinds that tend to sway in the breeze so I've learned to set it up in a spot where I can find something to tie off to.

Thanks! The tie outs for the stakes are up on the sides at the level of the top of the door. I'm thnking there is so much side left for the wind to "scoot" it or tip it over, ropes and all. It's the Green Elephant one, if anybody is interested in taking a look at it.  I won't have a car, will be tent camping, so unless I get lucky with a tree I won't have anything to tie it to. I'm  thinking about a couple of cement blocks, but have to be careful and considerate about how much stuff I have, as others will be hauiling it for me. All suggestions appreciated!
Add Thank You Reply
Mert,  4 of the tent stakes go through the loops at the bottom on the four corners.

Those ties out that you can see up at the top of the door are the ones you use to tie it off to something in a wind. I just found that it was easier and better to tie straight out rather than down to the ground.

One learns to get creative out here - I've tied the wind side to a windshield wiper, the side mirror, a fence post etc....whatever is available. You'll find something... Smile 

Definitely don't be packing any concrete blocks... Big Grin
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Almost There for this post:
mert6706 (10-24-2017)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Pressurized portable shower I recently saw. Any input? Van Man Dave 5 735 08-18-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: sometimesido
  RinseKit: The Revolutionary Portable Shower phillipaaron 1 1,137 05-19-2016, 12:23 PM
Last Post: rvpopeye
  Zodi Portable Hot Shower BradKW 4 1,041 04-20-2016, 07:32 PM
Last Post: highdesertranger