Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Waste free lifestyle, what does it look like?
I think the whole concept of wiping your butt is not just wasteful but unsanitary, primitive and disgusting, cloth no better than paper.

A good bum gun is the only way to go, bidet I s'pose for any Euros here, and salt water's just fine for most.
Add Thank You Reply
I'll have to agree. I've converted over to the bidet years ago and wouldn't want to go back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
Pic of a bum gun

[Image: d681fef9fcb3bc9abd568b5bca495ac3.jpg]
Add Thank You Reply
Do they make those for a 5gal bucket?

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
I'm sure people in that situation are more than capable of improvising such a solution if they wish.

With all the tons of TP littering up remote tourist spots all around the world, that would be a welcome improvement.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-28-2017, 10:21 AM)John61CT Wrote: I'm sure people in that situation are more than capable of improvising such a solution if they wish.

With all the tons of TP littering up remote tourist spots all around the world, that would be a welcome improvement.

Several folks in my backpacking crew use a variation this portable bidet instead of TP...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to AdventurousAdriana for this post:
Gardenias (12-29-2017)
Just don't press the wrong button when you stumble into the bathroom after a long night of drinking or you might get a big surprise.

[Image: jNswUek.jpg]
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
highdesertranger (12-28-2017)
(12-16-2017, 10:08 PM)AdventurousAdriana Wrote: Hi there!

I'm aspiring towards living a low/no waste lifestyle.  I haven't transitioned to nomadic living quite yet and I'm also curious if there are any low/no waster nomads on this forum.  It seems like it might be extra challenging to do low/no waste on the road.  Currently I'm trying to swap out wasteful habits for low waste habits slowly.  Over the past year I've done the following things-

-Started using reusable shopping/produce bags
-Started making my own toothpaste, facial cleanser, and moisturizers 
-Swapped my plastic toothbrush for a biodegradable bamboo one (with plastic free, biodegradable packaging!)
-Swapped disposable fem hygiene products for a diva cup and thinx undies
-Swapped plastic disposable razors for a stainless steel safety razor 
-(mostly) Cut out convenience and frozen food packaged in plastic and switched to a more raw/whole foods/vegetarian based diet (I make my own frozen/convenience dinners now by meal prepping)
-Minimized my personal shopping habits and only started buying things that I absolutely needed
-Thrift whenever possible for items I need
-Started making homemade dogfood for my canine companion instead of using the prepackaged stuff
-Bring my own waterbottle & coffee cup to cafes
-Started using stainless steel straws
-Swapped a kureg coffemaker for a pour over (chemix) with reusable filter

I'm looking forward to making more changes in the future!  Smile

WOW!! Very impressive!
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
AdventurousAdriana (12-28-2017)
(12-27-2017, 12:07 AM)Motrukdriver Wrote:  So I included the dirty hippy part mainly because I actually was one a very long time ago.  The shank part was from a documentary I saw about prison life and inmates making shanks out of toothbrushes.  It matched up pretty good with the hemp part.   

I hope you got a chuckle out of it.

I thought it was well played.  And well done overall.

“Lo, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the peace of the wilderness."
Add Thank You Reply
(12-16-2017, 10:08 PM)AdventurousAdriana Wrote: Hi there!

I'm aspiring towards living a low/no waste lifestyle.  I haven't transitioned to nomadic living quite yet and I'm also curious if there are any low/no waster nomads on this forum.  It seems like it might be extra challenging to do low/no waste on the road.  Currently I'm trying to swap out wasteful habits for low waste habits slowly.  Over the past year I've done the following things-

-Started using reusable shopping/produce bags
-Started making my own toothpaste, facial cleanser, and moisturizers 
-Swapped my plastic toothbrush for a biodegradable bamboo one (with plastic free, biodegradable packaging!)
-Swapped disposable fem hygiene products for a diva cup and thinx undies
-Swapped plastic disposable razors for a stainless steel safety razor 
-(mostly) Cut out convenience and frozen food packaged in plastic and switched to a more raw/whole foods/vegetarian based diet (I make my own frozen/convenience dinners now by meal prepping)
-Minimized my personal shopping habits and only started buying things that I absolutely needed
-Thrift whenever possible for items I need
-Started making homemade dogfood for my canine companion instead of using the prepackaged stuff
-Bring my own waterbottle & coffee cup to cafes
-Started using stainless steel straws
-Swapped a kureg coffemaker for a pour over (chemix) with reusable filter

I'm looking forward to making more changes in the future!  Smile
Add Thank You Reply