Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Do you LOVE coffee?
(09-29-2017, 03:28 PM)Queen Wrote: I worship at the altar of coffee, but like many things in my life, my devotion follows a pendulum swing where I'll go from roasting and grinding beans and measuring water temp... to using a $30 Mr. Coffee and pre-gound Starbucks Espresso Roast.  It's never quite made the swing all the way back over to diner coffee, but I could see it happening.

Been there, done it,  and I completely understand and agree.

I have made some pretty good espresso using a Gaggia machine and home roasted coffee but my success period was short.

I am currently using 8 O'clock ground that smells great in  the bag but a million miles away in the cup.

How do you brew Starbucks Espresso Roast as far as measurement goes?
Add Thank You Reply
Sorry--I have always hated coffee. Can't drink the stuff. Tried it every way imaginable: cream, sugar, more sugar, more cream, more sugar....... Still undrinkable for me.

I can't even stand stuff like coffee-flavored ice cream.

Bleccchhhh.

Living in "Ziggy the Snail Shell" since May 2015
Add Thank You Reply
LoL @BobBski !

That MRE instant, warmed up on tank's turbine exhaust (with hints of Kerosene) is the best cup you'll ever have when you're cold, tired and miserable!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to UptownSport for this post:
frater secessus (10-01-2017), JohnnyRingo (09-29-2017), gsfish (09-29-2017), sometimesido (09-29-2017)
I consider myself a minor coffee snob. Even at the house, I now use the Stanley camp French press. I use the Costco organic whole bean medium roast and commit the heresy of grinding the entire bag there. I used to use K-cups (and really liked it), but I switched over in preparation of going on the road, to not use the electric coffee maker. This is much better.

Charbucks is out of the question. I do like Einstein Brothers coffee, though.
Ted
Add Thank You Reply
An Aeropress Coffee Press.

I know the man who invented it.

He also invented the ring Frisbee.

BTW I am now 24 pounds lighter. lol

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Boyntonstu for this post:
AlasKen (09-29-2017), UptownSport (09-29-2017)
The best cup of coffee I've had is anything someone got up earlier and made.

In the camper van it's Bustello brand coffee made in a moka pot. I grew up on this stuff. Cleaning the moka pot is easy doesn't require a lot of water. Tried a coffee press but for me it was too hard to clean without using a lot of water.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to dextours for this post:
GypsySpirit (11-21-2017), frater secessus (10-01-2017)
(09-29-2017, 03:55 PM)Boyntonstu Wrote: Been there, done it,  and I completely understand and agree.

I have made some pretty good espresso using a Gaggia machine and home roasted coffee but my success period was short.

I am currently using 8 O'clock ground that smells great in  the bag but a million miles away in the cup.

How do you brew Starbucks Espresso Roast as far as measurement goes?

I tried the 8 O'clock and agree with your assessment.

I like thick dark coffee, so I use two heaping 1/4 cup scoops in a 10 cup coffee maker, makes a nice tasty cup.
“If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?”
~ Auliq Ice
Add Thank You Reply
Pangea Coffee Roasters in Golden, CO. Absolutely the best roasters I've ever had the pleasure to do business with. The owner is the roastmaster and is extremely good at what he does. They will ship fresh roasted coffee to you!

https://www.pangeacoffeeroasters.com

I truly believe they produce the finest coffees in the Rocky Mtn region.
https://tinyurl.com/y74tm6pa

Proud YARC inductee
Add Thank You Reply
clover valley breakfast blend boiled in camp perc for an hour then loaded with creamer. I just feel Im above cowboy style.
Add Thank You Reply
(09-29-2017, 01:00 PM)slynne Wrote: I like Tim Horton's coffee a lot but alas, the chain isn't as popular here as it is in Canada.

Loved Tim Horton's in Canada...in the US, Dunkin Donuts has a pretty good cup.  Wink
“The use of traveling is to regulate imagination by reality, and instead of thinking how things may be, to see them as they are.” – Samuel Johnson   
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to duckwonder for this post:
slynne (09-30-2017)