Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Where does the poo go?
I had a bad experience this morning...watched a van dweller who had pulled in not 10 feet from my door at midnight (despite being on BLM land with dozens of open places to camp, and don't get me started on that!) walk out with a roll of TP 100 yards from camp and take care of business...then kicked some dirt over it and left it...no hole to bury it, no packing out TP...just left it all. No I wasn't standing there watching but it was right out my kitchen window. So gross and disgusting...at least bury the damned stuff. I should have said something but I didn't
2007 Keystone Springdale
2000 F-250 7.3L
Cody & Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Find us: www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com
Add Thank You Reply
so common now a days Dune. just pull off any interstate out in the boonies, it's disgusting. pee bottles, TP, human waste. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I know...and sad. Ugh...wish it wasn't. We're going back to the dark ages with human-waste-borne diseases becoming more prevalent again. I make a point to go to the gas station if I can...this guy wasn't even trying to be discrete!!! I just love watching some guy with his ass in the air wiping his ass...even for just a split second before turning away!!!
2007 Keystone Springdale
2000 F-250 7.3L

Add Thank You Reply
(10-01-2017, 11:13 AM)Almost There Wrote: Bolding is mine.

Do NOT, repeat DO NOT dump a porta pottie that has had chemicals used in it, in a hole anywhere!

On what grounds do you assume I would ever do that?

I live on a 2 Hectare, self constructed Eco Island not far from a major city and take my long standing commitment to responsible use of the environment with me, where ever I go.   No need to order me to behave in a particular way in regards dumping the contents of my Porta Pottie.   Angry
Add Thank You Reply
(10-01-2017, 01:12 PM)DuneElliot Wrote: I had a bad experience this morning...watched a van dweller who had pulled in not 10 feet from my door at midnight (despite being on BLM land with dozens of open places to camp, and don't get me started on that!) walk out with a roll of TP 100 yards from camp and take care of business...then kicked some dirt over it and left it...no hole to bury it, no packing out TP...just left it all. No I wasn't standing there watching but it was right out my kitchen window. So gross and disgusting...at least bury the damned stuff. I should have said something but I didn't

The offer of the use of a shovel to the offender can sometimes result in a better outcome for all concerned.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Ticklebellly for this post:
JeriLynn (10-03-2017)
(10-01-2017, 02:39 PM)Ticklebellly Wrote: On what grounds do you assume I would ever do that?

I live on a 2 Hectare, self constructed Eco Island not far from a major city and take my long standing commitment to responsible use of the environment with me, where ever I go.   No need to order me to behave in a particular way in regards dumping the contents of my Porta Pottie.   Angry

I simply quoted what you posted!

I'm really glad that you take your responsible use of the environment seriously BUT you were suggesting in your post that it was okay to dump the contents of ANY porta potty in a deep hole out in the bush.

One of our mission goals here is to help teach/inform others who are not familiar with how to live in a vehicle. Your statement was seriously misinforming those who are new to this!
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Almost There for this post:
Linda Cripple-Creek (10-20-2017)
(10-01-2017, 02:44 PM)Ticklebellly Wrote: The offer of the use of a shovel to the offender can sometimes result in a better outcome for all concerned.

Like I said...I should have said something...my mistake. It would have been a good moment for some education.
2007 Keystone Springdale
2000 F-250 7.3L

Add Thank You Reply
I recall, years ago, when the metropolis of Jerome, AZ, was encountering new tourist problems...
Disposable diapers were becoming a problem at their sanitary landfill. Too many of em !
wheels
I am a pathological liar and functional illiterate...  :-)
Add Thank You Reply
I don't think people change much. I have walked across a lot of truck stops parking lots that are worse than any where else I've ever been on BLM.
Add Thank You Reply
(10-01-2017, 11:13 AM)Almost There Wrote: The chemicals are meant only for disposal in a sewage treatment system. They are extremely harmful to the environment.

"Some of the most common chemicals used in the holding tank are bromine, formaldehyde and glutaraldehyde."

"The chemicals contained in standard portable toilets cannot completely disinfect human waste. In addition, these chemicals are highly toxic to humans and wildlife alike. For these reason, the contents of a porta potty cannot be released directly into groundwater, and must be processed by an appropriate wastewater system."

can you share what you're quoting here?  source?
i'm curious, because digesters using formaldehyde and the like are falling out of favor, and biodegradable compounds are more common.  i wonder how that changes things.
Add Thank You Reply