Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mad Max apocalyptic future
As a nuclear cloud and constant dust storm obliterates any hope for solar energy, this is the nomadic future...
Vegetable oil.
Idea    

The future is here today. Lol.
Powered by restaurant cooking oil in Prescott.
Minivanmotoman,  Absolutely Positively.
Crystal Blue Persuasion, music video
https://youtu.be/XDl8ZPm3GrU
Add Thank You Reply
And suddenly, everyone in Prescott became overwhelmed with an urge for french fries.
“If the words you spoke appeared on your skin, would you still be beautiful?”
~ Auliq Ice
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Queen for this post:
pnolans (10-02-2017)
if there is not enough sunlight for solar panels, how is there going to be enough to grow vegetables? highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
LowTech (12-27-2017), Queen (10-01-2017), tx2sturgis (10-01-2017), gsfish (10-01-2017)
^^^ Mushrooms my friend.
Science fiction fantasy, not reality but thanks for the critique. Lighten up and get a sense of humor.
Confused No need to take anything so seriously.
Appreciate the stalking and trolling though.
If it makes your day just looking for something negative...
I guess that makes me special.
Add Thank You Reply
(10-01-2017, 04:21 PM)Minivanmotoman Wrote: Appreciate the stalking and trolling though.
If it makes your day just looking for something negative...
I guess that makes me special.

Stalking? On a public forum? Tongue Hey the mods get around...thats what they get paid for!  (sarcasm!) 

I didnt see it as negative...more like 'huh'?

I saw a van-dweller video once with this guy in the desert, proclaiming that van-dwelllers and nomads were better prepared for a SHTF scenario.

Yeah..maybe for a few weeks...or a month maybe...but I dont see too many van dwellers cultivating a self-sustaining garden in the desert, carrying 5000 gallons of fresh water, tending sheep or goats, keeping horses in a stable, or skilled at shooting game with arrows...and that includes me!

And my one case of MRE's will only go so far!

Cool
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
my humor was in pointing out the obvious. sorry you didn't get it. next time I will include a, LOL. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
pnolans (10-02-2017), cyndi (10-02-2017), gsfish (10-01-2017)
I am self-sustaining until I get back to my friend's ranch...then I have to work my ass off to help out around there and survive. I prep but I also have connections.

It's funny that this came up...came up on another forum today too...oh wait, that was another van-dweller forum too.
2007 Keystone Springdale
2000 F-250 7.3L
Cody & Kye, border collie extraordinaires

Find us: www.nomadicpawprints.wordpress.com
Add Thank You Reply
So, is that a gasifier, or bio diesel ?
wheels
I am a pathological liar and functional illiterate...  :-)
Add Thank You Reply
In discussing with the owner, he runs it as a biodiesel. The equipment on the back of his rig is to process and filter his free waste oil which he mixes with diesel. Has a petrochemical background.
Add Thank You Reply
The two vehicles I've known that ran on used vegetable oil had/needed switches so the first and last 5 - 10 minutes were on regular diesel fuel as the vegetable oil was too thick when not hot enough for the engine to process. Always seemed like too much work/stuff to remember for me to seriously consider ...
"Having the gumption to live different and the sense to let everybody else live different.  That's the hardest thing, hands down." --- Alice Venable Middleton
Add Thank You Reply