Request for a subforum
Would it be possible to add a subforum somewhere that deals with getting ready to go on the road, and/or physically making the transition?

I see this topic come up often in several different places, so it might be handy to centralize this information.

Not about building the vehicle, but the process of downsizing, de-cluttering, retiring, informing loved ones, financial preparations, relocating, etc. The entire 'background' logistical process of changing your life from home-based, sticks-and-bricks existence, to life on the road.

Issues, problems, setbacks, delays, processes, plans, dreams...all of that...in one sub-forum?

Some name suggestions:
  • Making the Transition

• Moving Out, Moving Up

• Goodbye Sticks and Bricks
Something along those lines.

Feedback? Yes? No?

Go jump in a river?

Tongue
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 6 users say Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
mert6706 (11-03-2017), KroFlite (11-03-2017), Kathleen (10-31-2017), mayble (10-27-2017), rm.w/aview (10-27-2017), heron (10-16-2017)
I know that there can't be a forum for everything but it seems that there are many posts on health issues that might be better served in a separate sub than in the 'off topic'. Just $0.02.

Sorry for the parallel topic.

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to gsfish for this post:
rm.w/aview (10-27-2017), heron (10-16-2017), tx2sturgis (10-03-2017)
I don't think anyone that is not living in a van should post anything. Smile
Add Thank You Reply
I think that's an excellent idea tx2sturgis. There's so many mechanical, how to subforms, and yes we definitely need them. But the transition, it gets scattered all over. Does it belong in heart to heat? Off topic? Topics that don't relate to van dwelling? It would be a good idea to have them in a centralized location.
“Who has not felt the urge to throw a loaf of bread and a pound of tea in an old sack and jump over the back fence." -John Muir
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to waldenbound for this post:
mert6706 (11-03-2017), Kathleen (10-31-2017), rm.w/aview (10-27-2017)
(10-04-2017, 09:03 AM)Weight Wrote: I don't think anyone that is not living in a van should post anything. Smile

So I guess everyone living in their car/rv/travel trailer/fifth wheel/etc. should just deactivate their account and move on to another forum???
"Having the gumption to live different and the sense to let everybody else live different.  That's the hardest thing, hands down." --- Alice Venable Middleton
Add Thank You Reply
Weight: the wonderful thing abt this forum is that most of the time there is no one telling me how I should run my life according to their expectations.
Speed Gray, K8SG
Grand Rapids, MI

"If you want all the comforts of home . . . stay home." Cutiepie Gray

P7: Proper Pre-Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Peterbilt Motorhome Construction Project Website here; check it out!
Add Thank You Reply
Guys, I think Weight's comment was tongue in cheek. :-)
Add Thank You Reply
(10-04-2017, 09:03 AM)Weight Wrote: I don't think anyone that is not living in a van should post anything. Smile

I felt like a outsider until I was reminded that the forum is called Cheap RV living. Tongue

I do agree that it sure would be nice to hear from more on the road.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
pnolans (10-05-2017), trailsailor (10-05-2017)

We're the clueless masses with all the questions!  Big Grin

Aaron 

Aspiring full-timer
2004 Extended E-350 SuperDuty build in progress 
Add Thank You Reply
There is limited reading comprehension and all bad jokes go astray.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Weight for this post:
TMG51 (10-04-2017)