Request for a subforum
(10-04-2017, 11:05 AM)rvwandering Wrote: Guys, I think Weight's comment was tongue in cheek. :-)

As was mine :-)
"Having the gumption to live different and the sense to let everybody else live different.  That's the hardest thing, hands down." --- Alice Venable Middleton
Add Thank You Reply
FWIW weight:

I got the joke....

Big Grin

I lived on the road for several decades, as part of my job, but I have always maintained a home base.

After 40+ years of being a card-carrying member of Accumulators Anonymous, its taking a LONG time to de-clutter and downsize...and sitting in front of this damn computer doesn't help matters!

If you google 'hoarder' I think my name will probably come up somewhere in the top ten results...dammit.

Cool
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to tx2sturgis for this post:
mert6706 (11-03-2017), Kathleen (10-31-2017), rm.w/aview (10-27-2017), Gardenias (10-11-2017)
Maybe we need a 'Fulltimer's Only' subforum where only fulltimers can post. Everyone can read but but only fulltimers can post. Modeled after the 'girls only, no boys allowed' subforum. ?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(10-04-2017, 09:03 AM)Weight Wrote: I don't think anyone that is not living in a van should post anything. Smile

Well, Poot on you. 

Goldurn  entitled van-dweller!

If you ain't in a cargo trailer you are LESS THAN squat.  You're SUB-SQUAT.

Tongue Big Grin Cool
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to pnolans for this post:
tx2sturgis (11-02-2017), blmkid (10-26-2017)
I used to full time then I had to get a job
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to bardo for this post:
Gardenias (10-11-2017)
(10-04-2017, 09:03 AM)Weight Wrote: I don't think anyone that is not living in a van should post anything. Smile

I'm not living in a van yet, but I'm in the planning/prep stages and reading a crap ton of stuff. I posting this so I can just spite you, sorry. LOL
Add Thank You Reply
(10-05-2017, 09:05 PM)trailsailor Wrote: Maybe we need a 'Fulltimer's Only' subforum where only fulltimers can post.  Everyone can read but but only fulltimers can post.  

United We Stand Divided We Fall

https://youtu.be/1SWYoEOU2fI

channel: HDSounDI
Boogie With Canned Heat - On The Road Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Y3XMmD...521D7DD392

channel-MrDupin77

Add Thank You Reply
(10-03-2017, 03:37 PM)tx2sturgis Wrote: Would it be possible to add a subforum somewhere that deals with getting ready to go on the road, and/or physically making the transition?

I see this topic come up often in several different places, so it might be handy to centralize this information.

Not about building the vehicle, but the process of downsizing, de-cluttering, retiring, informing loved ones, financial preparations, relocating, etc. The entire 'background' logistical process of changing your life from home-based, sticks-and-bricks existence, to life on the road.

Issues, problems, setbacks, delays, processes, plans, dreams...all of that...in one sub-forum?

Very good idea. After looking at the various sub-forums here, this would be a good fit. In retrospect now, I'm actually surprised at the lack of such a sub-forum. I've seen threads get mildly high-jacked as the transition logistics platform gathers energy/attention. I also agree with Guy in that a Health Care sub-forum could be a welcome centralization of information, possibly located after "Personal Hygiene" and before "Traveling With Pets". The sub-forum of "Transitioning To The Road" could be placed in the Life On The Road section as it seems more appropriate there.
Cheers, Rick
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to rm.w/aview for this post:
mert6706 (10-27-2017), mayble (10-27-2017)

OUCH
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
(10-27-2017, 09:04 AM)rm.w/aview Wrote:  I also agree with Guy in that a Health Care sub-forum could be a welcome centralization of information

edit; After reading a post by Cyndi on a related thread in this sub-forum, and pondering the reasons that may have been behind the decision to not have a "Health Issues" sub-forum, along with Casper's viewpoint on the potential that such a sub-forum can contain, I now understand why one does not exist. That said, I still believe that Guy, Kayman, Kmmech, & tonyandkaren all have valid points, and the related threads will/should be found in "Topics That Don't Fit In Other Areas".
Cheers, Rick
Add Thank You Reply