Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Styrofoam beads
Definitely....NO BEADS!
("Open cell" foam is bad...)

If you really want to fill them, there are small, 2-part closed cell foam kits available....but it can be messy...cover anything you don't want foam splatter to stick to!
At the bottom of this page is a 12 board feet kit for 30 bucks:
https://sprayfoamkit.com/spray-foam-kits/

Measure and do the math...12 board feet equals 12 square feet 1 inch thick.
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues;
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
The antistatic packing peanuts would not stick to stuff as easily. I've been buying them from supplyhut.com to ship the many small boxes I've been doing lately. (selling on ebay)
Add Thank You Reply
I definitely don't want to use spray foam, and packing peanuts would leave too many voids

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
Then the stuff I showed you.

Or just use rigid panels, thick as possible (willing) complete coverage over all steel, don't worry about inside the body work.
Add Thank You Reply
Yepp... I'll stuff the holes with that, and polyiso on all the panels I can cover

Add Thank You Reply
(10-10-2017, 10:45 AM)jpaddler Wrote: I have a small cargo van (unibody construction) with lots of hollow open spaces in the back.

I plan on using polyiso foam board, wherever I can find a flat place glue it.

My question is, would filling up those voids with styrofoam beads be a good idea?

I know the spray foam is a bad idea, and dtugg fiberglass isn't much better.

I'm not sure if there is a better product that I could use?

These areas should stay dry (not like a door, where moisture can get in through the window seals) and I'll be using a propane furnace (propex) so moisture from heating won't be an issue.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Denim insulation has a higher R value than fiberglass, is non-toxic, you can rip it up and stuff it in holes with your hands, and it's mold resistant. It also allows water to evaporate.
One... Two... FIVE! (...three sir...) THREE!

2000 Chevy Astro AWD

The techno-gypsy.

Add Thank You Reply
It absorbs water, and critters love to nest in it.
Add Thank You Reply