Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alternatives to campfires?
I prefer not to breathe smoke and I don't like smelling like smoke from sitting around a campfire.  But the social aspect of being with friends around a fire is one of my favorite things.

Is there an alternative to a campfire that will still provide the entertainment and focus of interest that a fire brings, and also give friends a reason to sit around and talk all night?

Add Thank You Reply
I've seen many campers with propane fired camp fire pits.
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
BobBski (10-10-2017)
Some at the Flagstaff GTG and Colorado GTG saw my propane campfire sold by Lowes for $100. We had a fire ban in Colorado so until that ended is was the only fire we had. You do not get the popping, hissing and smoke.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Garden-Treasure...t/50037272
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
BobBski (10-10-2017)
(10-10-2017, 04:17 PM)skyl4rk Wrote: I prefer not to breathe smoke and I don't like smelling like smoke from sitting around a campfire.  But the social aspect of being with friends around a fire is one of my favorite things.

Is there an alternative to a campfire that will still provide the entertainment and focus of interest that a fire brings, and also give friends a reason to sit around and talk all night?

A full keg of beer often has that effect.

Smile

Living in "Ziggy the Snail Shell" since May 2015
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to lenny flank for this post:
Itripper (11-22-2017), gsfish (10-10-2017), skyl4rk (10-10-2017), Florida boondocker (10-10-2017)
Welllll, I seem to remember that one night on the Colorado, AnneMarie put out a dozen tea lights on the fire ring rocks because it was too windy for a real fire and it worked exactly as the campfire would have..... Big Grin Big Grin Angel
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
Here you go. Just a click away on your laptop screen:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

1993 Ford E150 conversion

Add Thank You Reply
(10-10-2017, 04:55 PM)Almost There Wrote: Welllll, I seem to remember that one night on the Colorado, AnneMarie put out a dozen tea lights on the fire ring rocks because it was too windy for a real fire and it worked exactly as the campfire would have..... Big Grin Big Grin Angel

I was the one who did that and told Jim I was summoning the devil

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to skyl4rk for this post:
jimindenver (10-10-2017)
Amazon has tabletop ventless portable fireplaces for about $40 that don’t have all that smoke. They can be used indoors also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
How about sitting around, playing musical instruments together -- in the dark?

How about just talking -- in the dark?

How about getting everyone on their backs looking at the stars?

How about sitting with your backs together, letting your eyes adjust to the darkness, and telling what you see?
Someone wanted me to put this here: http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to MrNoodly for this post:
dawnann7 (11-21-2017)
It's nighttime. Go to bed!

Yeah, me neither. ;-p
Add Thank You Reply