Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Travel - AZ - Crown King road, near Prescott
I followed the instructions on freecampsites
I'm about 3 miles from the Interstate.  Great for October in AZ.  Wind is blowing , pleasant sitting in the shade.  It's about 3500 ft elevation.  I have a nice flat spot at the top of a hill... the road , which is unpaved, gets a surprising amount of traffic.  So, I'm a little bit from the main road, and not getting as much dust as someone parked right ON the road would get .   

ATT and Verizon internet is great, as is cell phone.  I can actually see I17 to the South East.  There are lots of hills , so that's my only view.  Although I'm not in the middle of nowhere (NOW), it feels like it.  

I like this spot a lot, and hopefully will stay here for the whole 14 days (since I don't want to RUIN IT FOR EVERYONE)  .   Big Grin Tongue

Of course, this is a boondocking spot; so no services.  Also, haven't seen a Class A or a 5th wheel, it's hunting season, so there are hunters out here.  And it is rifle season.  Haven't seen any hunters hunting, though 2 are camped about 50 yards away.  They left early this morning, and I didn't even hear them.  Very considerate folks.  I mention hunting only because that bothers some people. It does NOT bother me.  

This is a view toward the West from my hill.  

https://freecampsites.net/?_escaped_fragment_=3979&query=sitedetails
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to pnolans for this post:
duckwonder (10-14-2017), Blanch (10-13-2017), highdesertranger (10-13-2017)
thanks for the review Pat. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
pnolans (10-13-2017)
(10-13-2017, 01:26 PM)pnolans Wrote: I like this spot a lot, and hopefully will stay here for the whole 14 days 
Looks great. Prescott temp at 1:00pm 75 degrees, 15 mph wind.
When I hear " Prescott, Az. ". I think of this photo: 

Public Domain, https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=2698843
Pic was taken winter 1879-1880 in Prescott, Az. Doc sent that pic to his uncle. The uncle that gave him a diamond stick pin, before he headed West. 
My "Doc Holliday Bible", is this well researched book "Doc Holliday: The Life and Legend." by Gary L. Roberts.
Prescott public library, I would think, should be in there library. 
Enjoy the 14 days.
Boogie With Canned Heat - On The Road Again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Y3XMmD...521D7DD392

channel-MrDupin77

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to blmkid for this post:
pnolans (10-13-2017)
Well, blmkid, I might have to take a ramble on down toward Prescott. 

Thanks, 

Pat
Add Thank You Reply
(10-13-2017, 02:14 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: thanks for the review Pat.  highdesertranger

My pleasure.   I have a mission now.

Big Grin Cool

Pat
Add Thank You Reply
Crown King brings back memories. I was going to buy a cabin adjacent CK, however, land could not be purchased with it plus the long dusty/rough road, I passed. A great road for 2 wheel'n/quads into Crown King.
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to CautionToTheWind for this post:
pnolans (10-13-2017)
The weather map chose Cordes Lakes as the nearest weather station. 

The closest town with a post office is Mayer AZ, 86333.

About 10 miles on dirt road from here.
Add Thank You Reply
Sounds like you are King of your hill Pat.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
pnolans (10-13-2017)
(10-13-2017, 08:04 PM)jimindenver Wrote: Sounds like you are King of your hill Pat.

Something about big fish and little ponds. ...better yet,  the ONLY fish. 

Big Grin
Add Thank You Reply
I just left the Prescott Natl Forest. Was camped off Senator Hwy. Great weather. Only stayed for a week, but it was a great week.
2002 Chevy Express 2500 Extended work in progress.

Only a few people are Awake, and those that are live in a state of Constant, Total Amazement.  
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Sailing VANessa for this post:
pnolans (10-14-2017)