Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
USPS Informed Delivery
Post office photographs all mail.
Instead of just the NSA, YOU see what you're getting via email and their website!

That's 'Informed Delivery.' Just go to USPS and sign up.

For instance, today they photoed a post card from the VFW (twice, for some reason) and an ad from local YWCA.

Tomorrow will be all those women begging me to come back.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 5 users say Thank You to UptownSport for this post:
Gardenias (10-20-2017), judykazooty (10-17-2017), Scout (10-16-2017), cyndi (10-16-2017), Suanne (10-16-2017)
Thanks for the info. I just signed up.
Solo travel in a Prius -- SuanneOnline.blogspot.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Suanne for this post:
UptownSport (10-16-2017)
It's only stuff that gets handled by their automatic equipment, so nothing over 1/4" thick, no junk mail delivered to all postal customers, etc. But still potentially very useful.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to blars for this post:
UptownSport (10-17-2017)
bump

very useful, not to miss an important item

https://informeddelivery.usps.com
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
I signed up and found it to be useful, but keep in mind that not all the mail images, even first class envelopes, show up in the email or website.
Add Thank You Reply
(10-17-2017, 09:56 AM)blars Wrote: It's only stuff that gets handled by their automatic equipment, so nothing over 1/4" thick, no junk mail delivered to all postal customers, etc.  But still potentially very useful.

To quote the USPS: Images are only provided for letter-sized mailpieces that are processed through USPS' automated equipment
Someone wanted me to put this here: http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply
And I don't think they image .gov correspondence- Informed delivery showed 'Image Not Available,' then two VA letters showed up.
I guess the NSA already knows what you're getting from their 'brethren'  LoL, but not really.
Add Thank You Reply