Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Opinions on moisture control with thinsulate
Ensolite conforms really well. it is vey soft/pliable closed cell foam. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
MTNomad (10-22-2017)
(10-22-2017, 10:30 AM)frater secessus Wrote: I have one and it works well. Pulls lots of power so best used as an opportunity load.  

This thing is rated as 300ml/D which is about 10oz of water pulled out per day. 
That's not too bad, but in comparison burning 1lb of propane produces 25oz of water.
Running it in an unoccupied vehicle would be good to reduce the initial humidity, but add in combustion, respiration and cooking...it can't keep up.

Shore power wouldn't really be needed.
It's 7.5W at 5 volts. Even with the transformer loss of converting 12v to 5v, you could run it a long time on a 100Ah setup.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-10-2017, 03:15 PM)BinDerSmokDat Wrote: This thing is rated as 300ml/D which is about 10oz of water pulled out per day. 
That's not too bad, but in comparison burning 1lb of propane produces 25oz of water.

As I indicated, I have a powered roof vent and screened rear vent for ventilation.   I have also never blown through a pound of propane in a day in any van-sized space.

(11-10-2017, 03:15 PM)BinDerSmokDat Wrote: Running it in an unoccupied vehicle would be good to reduce the initial humidity, but add in combustion, respiration and cooking...it can't keep up.

I would rather have 15oz of moisture in the air than 25oz.

(11-10-2017, 03:15 PM)BinDerSmokDat Wrote: Shore power wouldn't really be needed.
It's 7.5W at 5 volts. Even with the transformer loss of converting 12v to 5v, you could run it a long time on a 100Ah setup.

Mine is 36W and I choose to run it on an opportunity circuit.  Doing it this way means it has zero impact on my battery bank instead of nearly doubling my daily power requirements. 

I will point out that opportunity loading is not the same thing as shore power although they can be related.
frater/jason @ Quartzsite
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
As long as u use propane you will have condensation. Induction cooking seens to be catching on you have thevsolar for it.
Add Thank You Reply
As long as you have enough ventilation you can cook with propane all day long with little problem.

Key word is "enough".

Cooking up a kilo of Ghost chillies, or smoking with a newborn baby in there, that just takes a bit more.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
frater secessus (11-11-2017)