Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vintage Pickup Camper Shell?
In a few months I'll be buying a full size vintage (70s to 1985) pickup truck.  Best, naturally, if I can find what I need with camper shell included.  But if not---will I be able to find a camper shell to fit?  I will be relocating & towing an enclosed cargo trailer.  Intend to load the camper shell as well as the trailer.

Thanks all,
[Image: rolleyes.gif]Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
you can still find them. if not used then new. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Charlotte's Web (11-01-2017)
If you're on Facebook go to truck cap camping. Mike, the gentleman who runs the page has a super clean older Chevy with a period appropriate cap on it for sale. And I do mean super clean.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to masterplumber for this post:
Charlotte's Web (11-07-2017)
(10-31-2017, 12:08 PM)Charlotte\s Web Wrote: In a few months I'll be buying a full size vintage (70s to 1985) pickup truck.  Best, naturally, if I can find what I need with camper shell included.  But if not---will I be able to find a camper shell to fit?  I will be relocating & towing an enclosed cargo trailer.  Intend to load the camper shell as well as the trailer.

Thanks all,

I've looked into this before for my 65 Dodge Truck. It is very hard to find a well fitting camper shell for your exact model older truck, I sold mine many years ago and recently wanted to get another, .  By far the best way is to find a vintage truck with a fitted camper shell from the period already on it.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16152]My Freedom-24' 4,000lb 1993 Lance 5th wheel w/1235 Watt Solar/LiFePo & 2003 4x4 Chevy Duramax

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Itripper for this post:
Charlotte's Web (11-07-2017)
I would love to find a six-pac camper shell for a full size bed truck
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
(11-06-2017, 09:24 PM)masterplumber Wrote: If you're on Facebook go to truck cap camping. Mike, the gentleman who runs the page has a super clean older Chevy with a period appropriate cap on it for sale. And I do mean super clean.

Thanks for the tip, MP.

I am not on Facebook, however.  Also will not be in a position to buy a truck for some months yet. 
Forming my plan now, tho.  When I am ready to hunt/buy a truck I will ask again here for leads! 
I realize finding a vintage truck with camper shell narrows the field, but one can hope...

Cheers,
Rolleyes Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
(10-31-2017, 12:08 PM)Charlotte\s Web Wrote: In a few months I'll be buying a full size vintage (70s to 1985) pickup truck.  

There are several for sale on craigslist in Spokane.  If your looking for some old school cool, there is a couple of Alaskan truck campers.
I am a 10 year survivor of stage IV head and neck cancer. 
I have stared death in the eye. . . . Death blinked. 
Griz
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Grizzly708 for this post:
Charlotte's Web (11-11-2017)
we just bought another k30. 1974 Chevy 1 ton 4x4. bought it for 2k, lots of good stuff on this one. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(11-11-2017, 12:49 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: we just bought another k30. 1974 Chevy 1 ton 4x4. bought it for 2k, lots of good stuff on this one. highdesertranger

No picture? "We"?

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
I will post pics in the future. when I say we, it's my buddy and me we split the cost. we are going to take off the highly desirable parts and then we will reassemble with other parts or part out what's left. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
gsfish (11-11-2017)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Camper shell offgassing CatCaretaker 3 533 09-29-2017, 01:41 AM
Last Post: wheels
  Thinking of buying a utility shell for a stealth/adventure vehicle camper. Telcobilly 315 124,646 06-28-2017, 05:29 PM
Last Post: highdesertranger
  dealer recommendation for pickup camper shell? pnolans 11 2,125 09-26-2016, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Queen