Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Super cheap truck camping
Not that this is a long term option but it got me out west and back safely and comfortable. Found a square tube that fit into my hitch, mounted a vertical pole to that and ran a rope from the pole forward to a bridle that attached to my tow hooks. Strapped a tarp over the top with some good sleeping bags and it was more than adequate for myself and the girl I was traveling with. Took about 10 minutes to setup and a few more to take down and fold up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to scottorious for this post:
CapnGimp (12-03-2017)
You better keep that one, the girl I mean!!

"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
^^^ haha, no lie! Smile
Exclamation And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. — Abraham Lincoln
Add Thank You Reply
I like that idea!   ^^^^^^^^What they said about the lady^^^^^^^

"Txjbird and Queenie on a Safari in a Safari " << My drydocked < {temp} Captains Log

People Who Live In Glass Houses...Sink Ships...... Boondock Saints

That's All I Have To Say About That.....Forrest Gump 
                                          I'm Not Here Dodgy You Didn't See Me     
Add Thank You Reply
HA! That one got away. My fault though.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-02-2017, 10:05 PM)gsfish Wrote: You better keep that one, the girl I mean!!

Big Grin
About to be 'vanless' after FOUR years...
Add Thank You Reply
A hunting buddy of mine did a tarp setup but a little different.  He used 3/4" PVC pipe. He ran it up from the stake pockets about 5 feet and put a 90 on top to run a pipe across to the same set up on the other side. He did that in all 3 pockets and put a tarp across it. The tarp was quite long so he ended up with a 5' covered patio in the back.
I am a 10 year survivor of stage IV head and neck cancer. 
I have stared death in the eye. . . . Death blinked. 
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Grizzly708 for this post:
CapnGimp (12-03-2017)