Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Women Only: Travel together to RTR via I-10? [split from W-RTR]
Anyone coming from the Florida  or east coast to run along I-10??
Spark...
The Shift Chick
All who wander are not lost !

* Gina  - 1994 Ford Cargo
Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
1998 - Plymouth  Grand Caravan..
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Shift Chick for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-05-2017)
Hmmm.  I expect to head down south to Texas the end of this week and then head over after Christmas (keeping my eye on the weather and giving myself plenty of time in case Juno decides to break down on the way).  So I could pick up 10 in Houston if our times correlate.  However, I will say, I'm a slow driver...so won't be the best to travel with unless you are a turtle yourself!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to bobblefrog for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-05-2017)
(11-05-2017, 10:38 AM)Shift Chick Wrote: Anyone coming from the Florida  or east coast to run along I-10??

Hello.  Yes, I'm in the Ocala area & would like to head out to RTR soon.  Where are you?  I am  pulling a small converted cargo trailer.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-06-2017, 11:17 AM)Patti S Wrote: Hello.  Yes, I'm in the Ocala area & would like to head out to RTR soon.  Where are you?  I am  pulling a small converted cargo trailer.

Just a thought -- I haven't checked since the hurricane but I travel 10 between Phoenix and Baton Rouge quite often. Have you checked to see just how passable 10 is from Houston to west Louisiana?
I'm 65.5 yrs along; have a 2006 Kia Rio; divorced - happily; & ready to get this show on the road!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to RamblinRogue for this post:
Shift Chick (01-19-2018)
Patti

I am from the Ocala area. (Williston). I lived there for several years.
Left there for Colorado early last year.

I hope you get to quartzsite... let me know where you will camp
"I never saw a sight that didn't look better looking back"

Kat, Smidge the cat, and Honey

1988 Honeywell.  E350 chassis   21'
Add Thank You Reply
(11-05-2017, 12:19 PM)bobblefrog Wrote: Hmmm.  I expect to head down south to Texas the end of this week and then head over after Christmas (keeping my eye on the weather and giving myself plenty of time in case Juno decides to break down on the way).  So I could pick up 10 in Houston if our times correlate.  However, I will say, I'm a slow driver...so won't be the best to travel with unless you are a turtle yourself!

Hi Bobble,

Im a slow driver too.
Am coming from Quebec in the far NE down through TN and  intending to pick up #10 in New Orleans.  

Freezing up here so hope to get there before Xmas but will see how it goes.  It would be great to caravan with another turtle at least part of the way west.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Genie for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-14-2017)
(11-11-2017, 08:12 PM)RoamingKat Wrote: Patti

I am from the Ocala area.  (Williston).  I lived there for several years.  
Left there for Colorado early last year.  

I hope you get to quartzsite...   let me know where you will camp

Hello again.  I had to go to Georgia so have changed plans.  I am now heading west from the more northern route, which will go thru Dallas instead of Houston.  I will eventually end up on route 10 & follow out to Quartzsite.  I just started out today from GA.  Hope to see you in Jan.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Patti S for this post:
JustACarSoFar (12-12-2017)
(11-11-2017, 03:59 PM)RamblinRogue Wrote: Just a thought -- I haven't checked since the hurricane but I travel 10 between Phoenix and Baton Rouge quite often. Have you checked to see just how passable 10 is from Houston to west Louisiana?

Hi there.  I'm 64 with a Toyota RAV4, V6 & a sm converted cargo trailer camper.  Are you going to the RTR, & if so when are you leaving, & which way are you going?
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Patti S for this post:
(11-14-2017, 10:17 PM)Patti S Wrote: Hi there.  I'm 64 with a Toyota RAV4, V6 & a sm converted cargo trailer camper.  Are you going to the RTR, & if so when are you leaving, & which way are you going?

I am going, Patti, but I'm starting out in Mesa, AZ. Pretty close -- like about 2.5 hours. I'm leaving here bright and early on the 10th and hoping to be in Quartzite no later than 9 AM. I'll be following I-10, no simpler way from here.
I'm 65.5 yrs along; have a 2006 Kia Rio; divorced - happily; & ready to get this show on the road!
Add Thank You Reply
I’m in Austin right now, I’ll be setting off from here probably around the 2nd - 4th.

I’ll take it slow, 3-4 hrs a day (couple of hundred miles a day), and just taking long breaks in rest stops / truck stops along the way.

On the highway I’m a 60 / 65 mph driver as I tow a lot of weight.

Its my first time to RTR, but I’m open to meeting folks along the way.
2006 Ford 250 Lariat 

2010 Keystone Laredo 266RL Fifth Wheel

A Girl and her Dogs traveling until she finds where she needs to be.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Samanthajday for this post:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Women Only: Power Tools [split from W-RTR] yo rockie 25 911 12-28-2017, 09:19 AM
Last Post: Nissi