Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Window replacement help in Florida..???
Not just a poor choice.. If you saw the inside you would cringe..can the whole window be removed and metal replace it with a gasket kinda thing? And just put a good window in the sliding door ?
I have a roof vent which I will eventually attach to a solar panel .
Spark...
The Shift Chick
All who wander are not lost !

* Gina  - 1994 Ford Cargo
Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
1998 - Plymouth  Grand Caravan..
Add Thank You Reply
Or the window replacement it's not plexi.. But it's better properties. Which keep the heat / cold out
Spark...
The Shift Chick

Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
Add Thank You Reply
to properly get rid of the widow a piece of sheet metal would need to be welded in. not an easy or cheap job. however for a temporary fix you could remove the window and get a piece of sheet metal larger then the opening and use something like 3M VHB tape to cover the opening. I wouldn't count on it as a permanent fix. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(11-07-2017, 03:50 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: to properly get rid of the widow a piece of sheet metal would need to be welded in.  not an easy or cheap job.  however for a temporary fix you could remove the window and get a piece of sheet metal larger then the opening and use something like 3M VHB tape to cover the opening.  I wouldn't count on it as a permanent fix.  highdesertranger

Mmm... That doesn't sound wise or safe.. Think I'll sit tight...ID rather have Windows then ..I just am not able to do it by myself.. I'm 62 ( ugh hate saying that) and physically it's just not an option
Spark...
The Shift Chick

Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
Add Thank You Reply
what's not wise or safe? the 3M tape is not going to fail. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(11-07-2017, 06:57 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: what's not wise or safe?  the 3M tape is not going to fail.  highdesertranger

Ah... Okay .. However I would rather put windows in and make it look better I can always black out the windows..I am on a very limited budget so I'd rather do this just once .
Spark...
The Shift Chick

Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
Add Thank You Reply
Shift Chick - I'm working on getting you some help there!

What is the make/model/year of your van?

Does it look like the window openings were there before - as in it had stock windows in the beginning and someone replaced them with the jalousie windows?

Are there more than just the two of them on the passenger side - ie is there stupid stuff on the driver's side or back as well?
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Almost There for this post:
highdesertranger (11-08-2017)
(11-08-2017, 04:39 PM)Almost There Wrote: Shift Chick - I'm working on getting you some help there!

What is the make/model/year of your van?

Does it look like the window openings were there before - as in it had stock windows in the beginning and someone replaced them with the jalousie windows?

Are there more than just the two of them on the passenger side - ie is there stupid stuff on the driver's side or back as well?
Wow... Thank you soo much.. I've included the other picture .thought they were included before sorry..
She is a 1994 Ford 1500.. 
From what I see on the inside..I don't  believe  there were stock Windows..

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Spark...
The Shift Chick

Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 08:05 AM)Shift Chick Wrote: Wow... Thank you soo much.. I've included the other picture .thought they were included before sorry..
She is a 1994 Ford 1500.. 
From what I see on the inside..I don't  believe  there were stock Windows..also the windows are bolted from the outside and a frame of wood to support screens (pretty ugly)
Anything else you need to know ??
Spark...
The Shift Chick

Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
Add Thank You Reply
That was not done by any professional.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Plexiglass window replacement WheelEstate USA 4 3,078 04-29-2014, 06:28 PM
Last Post: WheelEstate USA
  Conversion van window replacement...How? DollarJoe67 3 1,736 06-26-2013, 05:45 AM
Last Post: ilovemyvan