Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Message from forum staff regarding sexual assault
[quote pid='347347' dateline='1510285672']

Absolutely it's public. You just have to be a woman to see the thread is all.  

Why don't you just check things and make a couple of phone calls and verify everything instead of talking about it.

It's not public if it's a hidden forum one has to know about and ask permission to view
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
(11-09-2017, 09:50 PM)DannyB1954 Wrote: Lol He touched a leg through an open door!

Wow! So this is acceptable behavior? Because he was drunk?
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to cyndi for this post:
ladybugrules (11-13-2017), frater secessus (11-10-2017)
(11-09-2017, 09:32 PM)cyndi Wrote: In other words, the discussion regarding the guy who assaulted the three women is  NOT public and he has NOT been named, publically, on that forum either.

it's a womans group you have to be added into,i assume you have a mod forum thats invisible to members? it's like that but only for females

the lesson here is if you have been assaulted in anyway you first make as bunch noise as you can to draw attention for immediate help then contact law enforcement,DO NOT LET IT SLIDE

do not fear the rtr,it is ran by different people and with Highdesertranger and others around i am sure any issues will be dealt with promptly and firmly
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to Gary68 for this post:
heron (11-10-2017), JustACarSoFar (11-09-2017), highdesertranger (11-09-2017)
Cyndi take it as you will. Just do your own research if you really want to know the truth. Don't believe anybody at all I don't really care but if you don't want to research for yourself please stop assuming that nobody else did.

We like having our own thread over there and that's where the conversation started. Nobody has stopped it from going to general view but, like here, the thread started on the woman's forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
Everyone know me as a peaceful man. Stick a hand in my personal space without the proper invitation and I will not be responsible for whatever I do to it. 

Call it a survival trait.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 12 users say Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
Murphie (11-14-2017), GypsySpirit (11-13-2017), ladybugrules (11-13-2017), mert6706 (11-10-2017), Nelda (11-10-2017), Pomegranate (11-10-2017), heron (11-10-2017), Txjaybird (11-09-2017), Cammalu (11-09-2017), CautionToTheWind (11-09-2017), Florida boondocker (11-09-2017), JustACarSoFar (11-09-2017)
(11-09-2017, 09:50 PM)Cammalu Wrote: You could be victimized?  Well I sure hope being nice to women doesn't mean they would sneak in your vehicle at night while you are asleep with ill intentions towards you.   That would make you a victim however.

There can be victims on both sides when claims are made. Right off the top of my head two come to mind 1. Twanna Brawley case 2. Duke team. Both false accusations and both caused a lot of damage so yes they were victims. Just saying guys also have to be very careful. Even though we are males doesn't mean we are immune. 

I would like to make it crystal clear that in no way do I make excuses for scumbags who victimize women. Rather I  woild dispatch them in the most horrible way I could dream up if only that were legal. 

So when I respond to another male I may discuss being careful not to put themself in a situation where they can be victimized by false accusations. But that in no way implies anything other then EXACTLY what I'm saying. 

Bottom line is everyone can be victimized and must be careful. The only difference is the manner in which we are victimized and the tactics to prevent it. 
Add Thank You Reply
The following 5 users say Thank You to vanman2300 for this post:
Thirsty Boots Nomad (11-14-2017), Sleep (11-10-2017), karl (11-10-2017), Ms Linda (11-10-2017), DannyB1954 (11-09-2017)
I have seen the video that was posted on YouTube and read all of these postings and want to make the following comments. If the women at the van build did not feel it necessary to call police I can respect that. They brought it to Jamie's attention and according to the moderators here they will also address it. I don't need to know who it is because I will use common sense and I don't want the men at RTR to treat me with kid gloves because of all this.  I am going to the RTR to meet people and to learn and I won't let this rain on my parade. I also put on my big girl panties every day and deal with adversities from people who think I am to old or female and can't think on my own. I would not wait for Bob or anyone else to address a situation like this. Women in numbers can do just as much as a few men.

Hope I haven't offended anyone.  Angel

Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Sleep for this post:
GypsySpirit (11-13-2017), Ms Linda (11-10-2017), Txjaybird (11-09-2017), JustACarSoFar (11-09-2017)
Sherry, good way to look at it. Not something I would say publicly as a male so I'm glad you did instead.
Add Thank You Reply
Hi everyone, I have not read all the posts in regards to this topic. So, please, forgive me if this was already mentioned, or if I'm already too late with my comments and the guy's identity has been given.

While I do not condone battery/assault of any kind, in this case I am a bit on the fence.

On one hand, I would like to know who the guy is for my own protection. But once I have his name then what? There are possibly tens of other predators out there in this community that we don't know about.

On the other hand, I don't think it would be a good idea to post his name on this forum or any other social media that's frequented by vandwellers because some people might go into vigilante mode and possibly take matters into their own hands. Posting his rig may be an irresponsible move since there's the potential of the guy selling his rig later down the road. Then what? Vigilantes going after the wrong guy? Women chastising the wrong guy?

I think if the moderators and Bob know who the guy is, then the guy should be told by Bob not to come to the RTR. If the guy's identity should come to light, I for one, would not become a vigilante. Instead I'd just make a beeline and try to protect myself as best as I can, just as I would around anyone I don't know. It's best to stay cognizant and be aware of our surroundings at all times, whether we know the guy's identity or not, whether we're around strangers or alone, etc.

I just wished this whole incident had been handled differently right from the get-go.

Thanks for reading my post. See you at the 2018 RTR.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Ms Linda for this post:
Sleep (11-10-2017)
(11-09-2017, 09:00 PM)DannyB1954 Wrote: Bob may be a Youtube sensation, but he has no Police powers. The Rangers have zero power if no law is broken. Whoever this person is can camp across the road or path from the RTR and do you know what you or Bob can do about it? Legally nothing. The only thing Bob could do is tell a Ranger that person is not part of my party and I will not be responsible for them.
If that person breaks a rule or law, then the Rangers can take action. Drunk in public or whatever. Until a person can be charged, they have the same right to camp on BLM land as anyone else. Do you really think LE will risk being sued because Bob says eject this person? You want a private party, you need to rent a group campsite from whatever jurisdiction has one. Then you can call a Ranger and have the person trespassed.
Old saying you don't like the message shoot the messenger. I am just trying to keep some wanna be enforcer from getting their butt in hot water. Don't try using authority that you do not have.

Bob gets the permit to organize this event.  He holds the permit, he makes the rules.  Has nothing to do with being a Youtube sensation.  SOMEBODY has to be in charge of said event and since Bob is the one that organizes it and gets all the proper paperwork, he gets the event badge.  Again, if you don't like it then don't go.  I think this is a very simple concept.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to Motrukdriver for this post:
ladybugrules (11-13-2017), DeWALT12 (11-10-2017), heron (11-10-2017)