Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventure of Honey with Smidge the cat
The last problems are solved.  After the last mail arrives from Florida, we are gone from here.

Tuesday, Nov. 14 we depart going west to Utah.   Since the over night temps are well below freezing in the high country now...our fist stop will be somewhere near Richfield, UT...stay in a motel.    The next will be a boondocking at Courtney Red Rock RD.  ....  we might continue o Mesquite if all is going well with Smidge. Then Thursday we will reach Ehrenberg!

So, now it begins. I so look forward to meeting all the people who I have chatted with here...and hope to give back help to the community that has given me so much help!

See ya there!
"I never saw a sight that didn't look better looking back"

Kat, Smidge the cat, and Honey

1988 Honeywell.  E350 chassis   21'
Add Thank You Reply
The following 9 users say Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
rvpopeye (11-14-2017), JannaB (11-12-2017), JustACarSoFar (11-11-2017), AbuelaLoca (11-11-2017), CautionToTheWind (11-09-2017), bullfrog (11-09-2017), tav-2020 (11-09-2017), speedhighway46 (11-09-2017), highdesertranger (11-09-2017)
Sounds like a plan.Good Luck.
Add Thank You Reply
Here comes a Kat with a cat, all you need is a hat. hehe

I look forward to meeting you too.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
RoamingKat (11-09-2017), CautionToTheWind (11-09-2017)
I have just realized something. I am breaking away from 3 generations of family that ended up stuck in the Grand Valley...each in turn

My great grandparents were from GJ. But, as greatgrandma could not live alone, my grandma and grandpa came here to live with her...until her death..but, by them they themselves were too deeply entrenched to leave. When Grandpa died, grandma could not live by herself...so my parents came here. Again, ending up stuck after grandma passed.

Last year I came here to live because my parents could not live without daily aide.

Effective Tuesday morning..I will be unstuck. Breaking tradition 3 generations deep. This will be the first time since the late 1880s no one in my family will be living here.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
rvpopeye (11-14-2017), JustACarSoFar (11-11-2017), bullfrog (11-11-2017)
My thoughts are with you, Kat!! And my jealousy a little too ;-)
'93 Club Wagon (Juanita) & AbuelaLoca (Belinda)

All aboard! Ha ha ha ha ha ha haaaa!

Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay, Ay
Add Thank You Reply
Kat

The plan here is Tuesday IF I can get enough done in time. (Wednesday if not) I plan on making Albuquerque the first day and meeting up with duck. So we will be running the southern route and may make Ehrenberg the same time. One thing of note. Get gas before leaving Utah. It is a long dry run before you hit any gas stations in Arizona. Pretty touchie about the speed limit too I hear.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
Thanks Jim.

I am a true wuz. I drive a pretty steady 55-60.

Belinda....try to get out ...even if just for a couple days!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-14-2017)
(11-13-2017, 10:37 PM)RoamingKat Wrote: I am a true wuz.  I drive a pretty steady 55-60.  

Woah, slow down there ya speed demon Wink
"I get satisfaction / everywhere I go; Where I lay my head / that's where I call home" Clutch - Electric Worry
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to muddy for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-14-2017)
That IS fast , for the roads I drive on. Cool
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
Well....the comedy of errors continues.

Everyone has been making jokes about my declared departure dates....I guess it's cuz I had so many,

Well...today was the day!

Left at 10am. Going to be a slow easy drive to Richlands, UT

Got to green river...and.... the transmission blew

No kidding. New transmission

Is was towed back to Grand Junction. Like a tentacle from some octopus that is not going to let go. 3 generations of my family got stuck in this town.....is grand Junction a tar baby?

So, tonight I am no further than I was this morning...in fact...I have to wait till morning to learn my fate.

I may be fast....but it does me no good.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to RoamingKat for this post:
JustACarSoFar (11-15-2017)