Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
leaving maine...finally!!!
Hi all, it's January 2/3 in just another hour...hope everyone had a nice Christmas and a safe new year's eve...ended up leaving the Denison area and went to East Texas for Christmas/ New years as temps were starting to drop and clouds/rain had moved into the area...
now temps have again dropped and after spending two nights without much sleep because of my being cold I have got a motel room for the night and am planning my next move to someplace warmer...looks like I'll be headed to Corpus Christi for a little while...little problems keep popping up and they're beginning to wear on me...but as my church pastor says, "this too shall pass" I just hope it passes quickly...
still not sure if I will get to some of the RTR, definitely interested in the Women's gathering following...just don't know how I'll be able to do it
as I'm not set up for boondocking...guess I'll just take it one day at a time and see where I end up...If anyone is ever in the SE part of Tx. I know of a really nice quiet COE park that won't cost a fortune...It's called Magnolia Ridge park...just about all the sites back up to a large reservoir, there are lot's of trees and several sites are somewhat secluded, they are all spaced nicely so one is not on top of your neighbor...just "beware of alligators" as the warning sign says as you enter the park...with my Access pass the site I had only ran me $8 a night and I had water and electric...no heat in the bathrooms though...it's a little NE of Houston and N of Beaumont, Tx...that's the news from here for now...Safe travels everyone!!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to bonnieE350van for this post:
Shift Chick (01-03-2018), rm.w/aview (01-03-2018)
There's no coincidence to this interesting cold happening thruought the country and world.. Be wise and stay warm..I see you arriving with the greatest of ease to the RTR..
I'm in Florida and am cheating and am in family's home though I feel warm the whole being inside has become less and less comfortable for me .
I wish you ease in your travels!
Spark
Spark...
The Shift Chick
All who wander are not lost !

* Gina  - 1994 Ford Cargo
Gypsy - 1988 Ford Tioga
1998 - Plymouth  Grand Caravan..
Add Thank You Reply
Glad to hear you're having a Texas winter now !
I carry extra sleeping bag(s) for those unexpected cold nights.
(OR just every night here in a MAine winter....)
The price is about the same as a room. Wink
Stay Tuned
popeye

Weirdo Overlord  YARC CRVL edition
12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

1981 Travelcraft Class C - 23'
Add Thank You Reply
(01-03-2018, 11:18 AM)Shift Chick Wrote: I'm in Florida and am cheating and am in family's home 

Florida has not been so warm lately.... Last week in Jacksonville the high was mid-50s and raining: right now in Miami it's high around 60 for the next few days.

People are wearing parkas.

Living in "Ziggy the Snail Shell" since May 2015
Add Thank You Reply
Yeah , 60 can really put a chill in ya ! Wink

Wait , are you talking 60 ABOVE zero ?
Stay Tuned
popeye

12 "Stinkin'Badges"  a "Full Monty Badge" 2 "Just Ignore Me" clusters  4 "Pine Cone" clusters  one "Stinkin' Badger" and 4 of the coveted "Flying Manure Spreader"awards! (What a "Stinkin' " honor !) + ROOIRIA

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
Txjaybird (01-04-2018)
Hey, this is Florida....we shiver if it gets below 75. Wink

Add Thank You Reply
Oh yeah !
I remember that when I lived in Tucson in'82. Wink
I had a t-shirt and everybody else was in down vests and jackets....@ 68*
Stay Tuned
popeye

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rvpopeye for this post:
bullfrog (01-03-2018)
Sadly, one effect it will have in Florida is to cold-shock all the tropical wildlife that is not accustomed to it. The local manatee rescues will be busy this week. Sad

Add Thank You Reply
Oh yeah ,, I do feel sorry for them .
Their lives are actually on the line !
Stay Tuned
popeye

Add Thank You Reply