Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Truck Camping on a Budget
Here is my work in progress: Toyota Tacoma 4x4 long bed for additional bed comfort. As you see on photo from left to right I have my portable solar generator (solar roof system is on order), water supply can, 35qt dometic fridge with some very basic side mounted plastic cases.

Future project I hope before the 2017 RTR is my roof top solar 200 watt system, roof mounted solar shower, porta-potty with enclosure portable.

Still learning from fellow truck campers for ideas and upgrades.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to roadbiker1 for this post:
NomadicMario (12-09-2017)
nice set up. see you at RTR. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Cool setup! what topper is that, brand, price? I am thinking about doing the same.
Add Thank You Reply
Great setup in the truck. Be careful with that water jug. I have the same one and once in a while it wants to leak where the valve stem screws into the fill cap. I should probably wrap it with some teflon tape and thread it back in tight.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
Nice, but your missing one important essential item. Where's the bike? Smile
Minivanmotoman,  Absolutely Positively.
Crystal Blue Persuasion, music video
https://youtu.be/XDl8ZPm3GrU
Add Thank You Reply
(11-13-2017, 07:18 PM)Minivanmotoman Wrote: Nice, but your missing one important essential item. Where's the bike? Smile

I saw a trailer hitch on the back of the truck so I didn't ask that question.
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply
Nice job. Looks like an A.R.E. MX truck cap, I'm looking at those too. Walk in back door, pass through window up front for air flow (flips in for glass cleaning), 62 pounds, and plenty of roof space for solar especially if using the cab too. I like the lighting you have in there too. And yeah, flip that water jug up till you need it.
Cheers, Rick
Add Thank You Reply
(11-13-2017, 08:30 PM)rm.w/aview Wrote: Nice job. Looks like an A.R.E. MX truck cap, I'm looking at those too. Walk in back door, pass through window up front for air flow (flips in for glass cleaning), 62 pounds, and plenty of roof space for solar especially if using the cab too. I like the lighting you have in there too. And yeah, flip that water jug up till you need it.

Correct! Still have plenty to improve but my No 1 was my cozy bed which I also plan to raise up a little higher since I did not go with the underneath storage plan. Therefore, I can use a full size mattress.  

I hope to have more improvement before the RTR. 

Thanks!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to roadbiker1 for this post:
NomadicMario (12-09-2017)
Wink 
(11-13-2017, 07:18 PM)Minivanmotoman Wrote: Nice, but your missing one important essential item. Where's the bike? Smile

My road bike is on top of the truck as I use a Yakima system above the drivers roof with a rack box as well.    Smile
Add Thank You Reply
(11-13-2017, 07:13 PM)Motrukdriver Wrote: Great setup in the truck.  Be careful with that water jug.  I have the same one and once in a while it wants to leak where the valve stem screws into the fill cap.  I should probably wrap it with some teflon tape and thread it back in tight.

Thanks for the heads up. I was planning and placing face up during the drive. This position was only for demo. 

Thanks!
Add Thank You Reply