Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buyers Remorse might be starting...
Kitty litter (chunks of bentonite clay) is good as a temporary weight. You can use it for grip in the snow/ice too, but don't use it when it's wet and sloppy because it makes things more slick.

And hey, if you've got a cat then you're all set come spring.
What doesn't kill me makes me smarter
Add Thank You Reply
(11-22-2017, 10:34 PM)WanderingCanuck Wrote: Kitty litter (chunks of bentonite clay) is good as a temporary weight.  You can use it for grip in the snow/ice too, but don't use it when it's wet and sloppy because it makes things more slick.

And hey, if you've got a cat then you're all set come spring.

I HATE cats...
2015 Chevy Express 2500 Stealth Van named, Seneca Lodge Too.  See you at a racetrack near you soon!
Add Thank You Reply
For what it's worth...........
I bought 4 tires from a mobile installer for my '02 Dodge Ram Wagon 3500 ext. I asked him to put 85lbs in the rear tires as that's what it calls for on the door jam sticker. He told me that pressure is for when the van is loaded and that if I kept that much pressure in there unloaded that the rear tires will actually bounce at highway speeds and cause flat spots in the tires because the rear of the van is so light. He recommended 65lbs in the rear. I have about 52 in the front tires. (They're load range E all terrain).

He's been working with tires for 25 yrs so I took his advice. I don't have air pressure sensors in my wheels, tires. So far so good. I'm no expert on this.

I haven't started my build yet. I've been buying what I need piece by piece (and storing it) as the finances allow so there is really very little weight in the van right now.
Bob
'02 Dodge Ram Ext 15 passenger Van 3500
 St Pete Florida

"Let's motorvate"   -Stephen King
Add Thank You Reply
When I was a kid and street racing was in, we all bought traction bars...might check into those things... this link is just for an example, not the ones needed for the van u have...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/sdk-t...cott-drake
Add Thank You Reply