Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DIY Over Cab Shell or Slide in ?
It would be a lot easier to find an old used truck camper for sale cheap. There are plenty in the couple hundred dollar budget range. I got one free a while back just helping a guy move a lot of stuff with my truck. There are beaters on Craigslist or just ask when you see really old ones in peoples side yards, sometimes they just want to be rid of the things.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=16152]My Freedom-24' 4,000lb 1993 Lance 5th wheel w/1235 Watt Solar/LiFePo & 2003 4x4 Chevy Duramax

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Itripper for this post:
thatdarncat (11-21-2017)
I didn't see a need for filler as every seam I glued a 6" piece of canvas or roofing seam material over except one angled panel (all mine were interior doors) that I glued in a dowel and then glued the canvas up to the seam, ran a bead of spray expanding foam down the seam on top of the dowel, laid the canvas over and glued it to the angled panel then worked out the extra foam at the opening at the ends. It's crazy that such art and crafty methods can create something so strong. Everything is covered in glued on canvas and painted with white paint, at ten feet most people ask me where I bought it thinking it is a freezer or piece of equipment.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to bullfrog for this post:
thatdarncat (11-21-2017)