Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need encouragement
I will be doing this soon and I am terrified but excited. I am not one for change, but I must try. I look at it as "step by step" day by day until I get to be part of the tribe, then I will relax a bit. God Bless you on your journey, my prayers are with you.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Michaelgabriel for this post:
Free_to_be_me (12-12-2017)
Oddly enough, my one last supporter in my family has now said, "You're Wrong. But you need to do what you're going to do." What a blow in the face - all this time i thought she was really behind me. Disappointing. But, i decided that even without one person who will "cheer me on" i can still do this. I don't need their approval. As long as i have my car keys i can do what i like. I have learned a lesson from this too: no longer going to tell them my plans. What they don't know, they can't block.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
(11-20-2017, 12:50 PM)Free_to_be_me Wrote: It just sucks when those people are your own family.

We all want our families to be supportive.  It sucks also when you're in a relationship with someone who doesn't share the same dream as you and you have to decide if you want to live out your dream or stay in the relationship.  That's where I'm at right now...but....other than this forum, there is no outside support for me.  That's part of the reason I've stayed put for so long, only taking short trips in the van.  I think a big part of the lack of support is the lack of understanding of how we are going to support OURSELVES "out there".  I think more people would choose to live this way if they knew how very possible it actually is.  Even for us young one's who don't have a check coming in every month, there are employers out there who hire seasonal workers.  But, again, I find the lack of support just comes from the lack of understanding and our loved one's want us to just be ok.  So, i don't argue with them, but i try and educate.  I find I have to do this now to prove a point that it IS possible and a sustainable and comfortable lifestyle.  Although I'm actually scared to death and have no clue if I'm going to fail or not.  I've had wild ideas like this and here I am, still living the same way I always have.  But I've taken baby steps and feel more prepared this time than in the past.  Plus being older and wiser, and perhaps a bit more jaded, helps Wink
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to waverider1987 for this post:
Free_to_be_me (12-12-2017)
(12-05-2017, 10:08 AM)Linda Cripple-Creek Wrote: Oddly enough, my one last supporter in my family has now said, "You're Wrong. But you need to do what you're going to do." What a blow in the face  - all this time i thought she was really behind me. Disappointing. But, i decided that even without one person who will "cheer me on" i can still do this. I don't need their approval. As long as i have my car keys i can do what i like.  I have learned a lesson from this too: no longer going to tell them my plans. What they don't know, they can't block.

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk

Indeed! I don’t bring it up with many people. Only a couple of people in my family know because the others will certainly complain. I’m sorry to hear about your friend! One of mine has admitted that she supports me if I truly believe this will help, but she’s actually anticipating that it won’t work out and that’s my ego will stop me from admitting it’s gone wrong. Ha! We’ll show them Sleepy  My debt is already getting larger chunks out of it. I’ll be travelling in no time!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Free_to_be_me for this post:
Linda Cripple-Creek (12-13-2017)
Most regular folks won't get it. I've had people assume that I'm showering in the grocery store bathroom and other wierd stuff, and most the times I don't correct them just because I might as well be explaining to the wall. Do what you want, and the more people I've talked to in my life the more I've found that few people actually have that supportive sweet normal rockwell family the movies told us we'd have.
Scar Honig Stigr
2436 N 3000 W
Arco, Idaho 83213
(208) 390 6089
http://www.honeyspark.webs.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Honeys Park for this post:
Txjaybird (12-16-2017), Linda Cripple-Creek (12-13-2017), dawnann7 (12-13-2017), Free_to_be_me (12-13-2017)