Since yesterday, Log In box way down at bottom of page, off the CRVL background.  "Box" only partially visible, thus unable to enter password.  I can sign in as reply to post in the forum, however.  Weird, isn't it?
  Huh Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
And here I thought is was something I'd done.... Rolleyes 

I ended up right clicking on the log in that I can't use because it's off the bottom of the screen and then using the new link page that has a sign in spot in the middle of the page.

If only the kid hadn't been tinkering with my laptop a couple of months ago, I'd have never had to do this. I had me permanently logged in to a bunch of stuff and he raised a stink and changed things for me...now I know a whole lot of passwords I'd never had to use...sigh!!!
Worry is a misuse of imagination!

Build link: http://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums/Thre...g-Arabella
Full-timer again as of November 24, 2015 - 14 glorious years on the road before that!

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Almost There for this post:
Charlotte's Web (11-21-2017)
(11-21-2017, 06:46 PM)Almost There Wrote: And here I thought is was something I'd done.... Rolleyes 
Beth, this is a good opportunity to wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving!
So long as you've got the home made cranberry sauce what more could you want?
For me, the best part is turkey sandwiches on sourdough, slathered with mayo
& cranberry sauce.  Worth waiting for.  
Cheers,
Smile Cha Cha
Add Thank You Reply
Yeah, I've got the box way down in lower left...can't scroll to raise it.
Just enough showing to put in user name, hit Tab to get to password line, hit Return to log in. Weird.

Logged in to another forum I use, "Nextdoor" for my neighborhood info, and it also has its log in box way down in lower left...although I can scroll down to raise it. It use to be in upper right corner.

I did update my Firefox the other day but can't remember if I had logged on to either forum 'normally' after update.

I'm gonna try Explorer and see if any difference.
I'm taking care of my procrastination issues;
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-22-2017, 11:27 AM)johnny b Wrote: "...I did update my Firefox the other day but can't remember if I had logged on to either forum 'normally' after update."

JB,
Same here, recent automatic Firefox update---"trouble" began after.
I now dread every single update, especially those from Windows 10.
Afterward, nothing quite right & always must reconfigure all security
settings, which are a joke anyway.

Confused Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
Nope, Explorer does the same as Firefox, so it doesn't seem to be a browser thing.

That pretty much exhausts my knowledge base of web stuff.  Confused
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
I went back to my "Nextdoor" forum using Explorer and did not have the issue...box was in normal position.
I could not find info on what forum 'platform' was being used.

still Confused 

btw i'm on windows 7.
Just you wait and see.
Add Thank You Reply
(11-22-2017, 11:58 AM)johnny b Wrote: "...I could not find info on what forum 'platform' was being used."
still Confused

My guess would be MyBB, an open source program used by many forums.
What a crap shoot!
Confused Charlotte
Add Thank You Reply
I submitted this bug to our web developer. Hopefully the fix is quick.
Add Thank You Reply
Apparently the fix won't be quick, but our web developer offers this work-around:
Quote:Have your users click their mouse (or touch the screen) in the text box for their username. Then just hit "enter." That will bring up the "please correct the following errors before continuing" in a full-size page. bypassing the login pop-up box. That way they can login until this can be fixed.

Also, be aware that the log-in window only goes below the page in FireFox and IE.  It remains on the page, albeit at the bottom, in Chrome.

Our web developer believes this is an incompatibility between MyBB's latest security upgrade and our custom CRVL theme.

Thank you for your continued patience.
Add Thank You Reply