Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autoplay ads on Yahoo
Foiled again.  Two weeks ago I was able to disable Yahoo video ads (that use up my data!) by using the config thing in FireFox and toggling the "media.autoplay.enabled " setting to "false".

It worked fine but now the dang things are back!

Anyone use FF and have tried this?

Also, is there a suggested email service that doesn't have those annoying autoplay ads?

I've been using Yahoo mail for years but may just have to switch.
1993 Ford E150 conversion

Add Thank You Reply
I use Yahoo and the only time I get them is on their News Feed. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
Which browser are you using?

Add Thank You Reply
Yahoo. IE 7. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The Yahoo browser must have a setting for blocking the ads. So maybe Yahoo only torments users of other browsers to try and get us to switch?

Add Thank You Reply
yeah I don't know. I don't recall ever doing anything to stop them. like I said I only get them when I click on a News story and then it's a TV station feed that covers the story. of course there are ads in the feed. most of the time I stop them before they start and just read the story. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I use "Silent Sound Blocker" for Chrome...even if the stupid ads on Yahoo or elsewhere start, they are blissfully silent. You can whitelist any site, too.
Add Thank You Reply
Ublock Origin (Both FF and Chrom*) is pretty awesome for blocking all kinds of stuff.
frater/jason @ Quartzsite
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
Try this... Once in a while one gets thru but most of the time the ads are not there.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox...l/?src=api
If we were meant to stay in one place, we'd have roots instead of feet. My little place on the interweb - Cyberian Radio 

Add Thank You Reply