Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the Luggable Loo Users
(11-10-2012, 06:55 AM)crazybill Wrote: ...you can dump it in any toilet. 

If one had access to a toilet they wouldn't be using a bucket.
Someone wanted me to put this here: http://rollingsteeltent.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply
(06-18-2017, 11:00 PM)TrainChaser Wrote: "I'm the one who is going to try the red worms, ... I think I'll start it at home, and see how it goes, and see if it's adaptable to travel. ..."

Same, this purchase is in queue for a near future home experiment:

Worm Factory 360 Composting Bin + Moisture and pH Testing Meter Worm Farm Kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B011T6...I6QXIJRP1K
Add Thank You Reply
Have any of those out there who are so worried about putting poop in a dumpster ever been to a landfill?  Human feces is one of the least toxic materials in there.  The federal government has laws that deal with liners and containment.
Add Thank You Reply
(06-20-2017, 01:12 PM)closeanuf Wrote: "Have any of those out there who are so worried about putting poop in a dumpster ever been to a landfill? ..."

I'm trying to avoid the landfill altogether for environmental reasons and future generations. Angel
Add Thank You Reply
(06-19-2017, 07:50 AM)MrNoodly Wrote: If one had access to a toilet they wouldn't be using a bucket.

LOL...I appreciate the humor! ...LOL
Add Thank You Reply
Well...now that I've composed myself...lol...
I read the Humanure handbook, and just realized that Lovable (Loo) and Luggable are a play on words.
Anyway, I'm really hoping that straw really masks the odor; though I'm finding that difficult to believe since, isn't straw used in horse barns?
Add Thank You Reply
Shavings in horse barns along with some specialty products in the fancier barns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
YARC
Monkeyfoot
She Who Must Be Obeyed
The Nominator
Badge count 4
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Cammalu for this post:
Gardenias (09-11-2017), highdesertranger (09-08-2017)
yep, straw in stalls was in days past and no it doesn't mask odors. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Gardenias (09-11-2017)
If you can get some slush powder, or SAP (super absorbent polymer) should firm up your... uhhh... stuff. I used stuff like that in magic when I was a geek (old geek). Probably less than a teaspoon in your coffee would make your spoon stand straight up and solidify the liquid. Not sure if it's eco-friendly or if there's another version of it that is, but it might be better than cat litter. It would make a poo brick in seconds. I know you can buy it in bulk, but I'd guess a 50lb bag is probably a bit much Smile

Oh, it should be the same stuff that's used in diapers.

-T
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to UmpquaTim for this post:
Gardenias (09-11-2017), Cammalu (09-10-2017), Wabbit (09-10-2017)
"Probably less than a teaspoon in your coffee would make your spoon stand straight up ". LOL kinda like that little blue pill. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Cammalu (09-11-2017)