Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bills solar in quartzite
what does anybody know about bills solar in quartzite Arizona was going to get started on getting solar put on the trailer as I can afford it so I can start recharging my lights and computer and phone instead of going into town to charge everything up .
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Dean and Buster for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
they are a little pricey and very busy in the winter. there is also "Discount Solar". highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
I was unimpressed. They wanted to charge me $800 to install one 160 watt panel on the roof of my trailer. The panel was less than $200 and the controller was about $50. It seemed sky high to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2008 Ford F250 and a 30ft Springdale Travel Trailer. Happily full time since 7/2016.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 4 users say Thank You to Blanch for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018), Itripper (11-29-2017), frater secessus (11-29-2017), Dean and Buster (11-29-2017)
I thought that he was high priced on most of his stuff
Add Thank You Reply
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
I got a good price on some batteries a few years back, I do my own installations.
2015 RTR  adrian.schafgans@gmail.com
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to wagoneer for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
I am going to see if I can do this with out setting the trailer on fire
Add Thank You Reply
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
(11-29-2017, 06:32 AM)Dean and Buster Wrote: I am going to see if I can do this with out setting the trailer on fire

We will be there in a couple of weeks.
Trouble rather a tiger in his lair than a sage at his books. To you kingdoms and armies are mighty and enduring, to him they are toys of the moment, to be overturned with the flick of a finger. G Dickson.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GotSmart for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
D&B.. "setting the trailer on fire..." Burning Van . a new festival. lol

Sent from my LG-M327 using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Linda Cripple-Creek for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018), dawnann7 (01-01-2018)
Following along with your story. I have 2 100W Grape solar panels waiting for me at Home Depot, $89/each. I read and talked and decided I want an MPPT Charge controller. Then I went to Amazon and priced some. the PMW(? the other option) is looking better for now. I'm not ready to mount the panels yet, still figuring out what I want before punching holes in my motor home. So, we can exchange war stories at RTR. I'll have my pieces parts with me.
1997 Thor Windsport 34' Class A

http://shadowmoss.blogspot.com/
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to shadowmoss for this post:
campurrr (12-01-2017)
Both Bill and Discount Solar are not bad people, but they're also not in the business for charity... they charge handsome margins for profit, because they can and probably need to (in order to survive). If you're on a budget, you can likely get someone from the forum to help out (I asked last year and got much more than I asked for and made a friend for life). Then last summer I installed a new system all by myself with what I learned online and through our friend... there's a ton of info on how to do it on Youtube and on various websites... if you put your mind to it, you'll be able to do it (or most of it, and for the rest you'll find someone if you ask). If you're lazy and have money, Bill and Discount Solar will be your best new friends! Wink
One half of "The Cruisin' Crew" (my significant other is TKay). Professional Music Composer for 32+ years. Traveling in "Vanessa", a 2002 Four Winds Chateau Sport (29ft Class C)
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to C-Cat for this post:
GaRay (01-01-2018)