Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
bills solar in quartzite
(11-29-2017, 10:24 AM)shadowmoss Wrote: Following along with your story.  I have 2 100W Grape solar panels waiting for me at Home Depot, $89/each.  I read and talked and decided I want an MPPT Charge controller.  Then I went to Amazon and priced some.  the PMW(? the other option) is looking better for now.  I'm not ready to mount the panels yet, still figuring out what I want before punching holes in my motor home.  So, we can exchange war stories at RTR.  I'll have my pieces parts with me.

No need to punch holes in the roof to mount solar panels 3m makes a VHB tape ...Very High Bond    google that shit. I used it on 2 vehicles and never a problem
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Burbanlife for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
The Grape product line would be fine as he mentioned. I am already in Quartzsite if you want some assistance and have RV solar experience let me know.
Enjoy Life Daily ~
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to GaRay for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018)
With a solid roof you can use VHB tape to hold the panel mounts but you still have to bring the power inside somehow. Do not use VHB on a rubber roof.
Sparky created, (Sparkles on some Saturday nights)  Max the Wonder puppy approved

2011 Ameri-lite 25 ft bunkhouse with 750w of solar and a 675 Ah bank
2003 Ford Expedition with 435w of tilting solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to jimindenver for this post:
bpdchief (01-05-2018), Blanch (01-01-2018)