Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Box Van Conversion
Does anyone have a box van conversion ? I am in the process of working on one and would like to ask questions about how yours went.
Add Thank You Reply
I don't have a box van now, but I lived in one for6 years when I first started living in vans. Mine was 8 x 12 and had an amazing out of room!

Do you have plans for yours yet?
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to akrvbob for this post:
Cammalu (12-01-2017)
I did a 16’ box van conversion on my 379 Peterbilt. Full construction pictures are on the link below. Best of luck with your project!
Speed Gray, K8SG
Grand Rapids, MI

"If you want all the comforts of home . . . stay home." Cutiepie Gray

P7: Proper Pre-Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance

Peterbilt Motorhome Construction Project Website here; check it out!
Add Thank You Reply
Check out Dreamsideout on YouTube
Add Thank You Reply
(11-29-2017, 08:34 PM)wchancey Wrote: Does anyone have a box van conversion ? I am in the process of working on one and would like to ask questions about how yours went.

I bought a 10' box van on Ebay January of 2014, made it liveable and have been living and traveling in it since the spring of that year. Love it. Ask away.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to vanmannorm for this post:
Soonergirl1972 (12-10-2017)
Will a box van limit back-road ability?
Add Thank You Reply
I bought a '97 E450 16' Grumman box van with an attic

I'm gathering insulation now. There are deals on Craigslist. Since most of
The sheets need to be cut it doesn't matter if a corner is gone or there's a crack.

I'm going to use two 2" layers for the ceiling and 2" or maybe at a 1" too fornthe walls. 1" foil covered for the floors

A box van sure is going to be more limited than a pair of good hiking boots are an ATV. Understand the clearance and traction issues and you'll be fine
Add Thank You Reply
(12-24-2017, 01:01 PM)Simple Wrote: Will a box van limit back-road ability?

I'd say no less limited than a pickup and camper unless the pickup is 4WD. The box on mine is just an inch wider than the widest part of the cab and about 9' high including the cover over the Fantastic fan.
Add Thank You Reply