Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making of Campurban
2002 Chevy Suburban 4x4  now coined "Campurban"  Started with 1 renogy 100 watt panel and a UB121000 agm battery, as of today it has another 100 watt panel HQST 100-d panel exact same specs as the renogy 100-d panels  but for 30 dollars less. Also installed the battery doctor battery isolator so will see how that does in a few days. I Removed second and third row seating and added a custom made shelf/cabinet out of a queen size headboard, cut it in half and reconfigured a little bit. Made a platform for a bed with 6" under for storage.  installed my pure sine wave inverter 600 watt. but found I needed a larger inverter on this past camp out ...aka maiden voyage out. bought a cargo carrier from harbor freight that was meant for the 2" rec. hitch but I wanted it for a roof rack  to carry my jerry can and other items.  I use oxygen and use a concentrator so I need to bring a generator . I think with another battery or 2 plus my inverter and panels will power it. but till then Honda inverter gen. works great and is quiet .  Some pics for your viewing enjoyment :Smile oh yeah, the fridge is a Edgestar 12 volt compressor type and works great. have it double insulated and the 1 panel and 1 battery powered it just fine set at 34 degrees.

lots of pics

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Add Thank You Reply
Very nice, I like what you did for shelving. Those two panels fit your roof nicely. (Get some Dicor self-leveling sealant on the roof mounts). 4X4 too, sweet Smile
Cheers, Rick
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to rm.w/aview for this post:
Burbanlife (11-30-2017)
(11-30-2017, 07:14 PM)rm.w/aview Wrote: Very nice, I like what you did for shelving. Those two panels fit your roof nicely. (Get some Dicor self-leveling sealant on the roof mounts). 4X4 too, sweet Smile

Thanks Rick!   No need for the dicor, no holes drilled into the roof at all. I use VHB tape by 3m . I have used it on my last campers with some panels.

Will post more pics tomorrow of other goodies.  lol
Add Thank You Reply
Battery doctor installed, had to get a 100 amp resettable  fuse/circuit breaker and pic of the second 100 W panel. My other 100 AH battery is due in Wednesday.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Burbanlife for this post:
bpdchief (12-27-2017)
While camping in the desert , we decided we wanted some more light to either put fuel in the generator if needed & play scrabble outdoors or if someone creeped up a light would come on. So harbor freight has this 60 led motion sensor light for 26 bucks with the coupon.  mounted it today along with a couple led strips. will post the led strips later

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Burbanlife for this post:
bpdchief (12-27-2017), gallica (12-03-2017)
boy there is no way in Gods green earth I could mount a light like that. but I can tell from your paint that you don't off road much. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(12-03-2017, 03:52 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: boy there is no way in Gods green earth I could mount a light like that.  but I can tell from your paint that you don't off road much.  highdesertranger
lol it's been off the beaten path a lot, but I just don't beat it up, as I use this as a daily driver and coast to coast ride.  don't have the cash to keep fixing broken parts.
Add Thank You Reply
Led strip and led roll lighting rgb on passenger side, and pic of the 60 led motion light

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Burbanlife for this post:
bpdchief (12-27-2017)
Looks good Smile
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to DKNZ for this post:
Burbanlife (12-04-2017)
That LED motion sensor light is brilliant!
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Steve in Micco for this post:
Burbanlife (12-04-2017)