Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air bag light
you can't just pull the bulb. when you turn the key to on the light comes on, then when you start it the light goes off. they are supposed to turn the key to on and check for the warning light and the check engine light. no light = fail. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
(12-05-2017, 04:06 PM)highdesertranger Wrote: you can't just pull the bulb. when you turn the key to on the light comes on, then when you start it the light goes off. they are supposed to turn the key to on and check for the warning light and the check engine light. no light = fail. highdesertranger

Thank you. I actually am not pulling the bulb. The mechanic said that it is fine and before inspection that I will have to put the seat back in to clear the codes. I have until the end of September for that. So I am going to ignore the light because he said it isn’t causing harm to the other airbags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Kia girl for this post:
highdesertranger (12-06-2017)
Airbag light always ON (in RED) in the dashboard when the car is running mean the system have an issue and all the airbag will not deploy in an accident. With many component in the system and with many different manufacturer, a vehicle with the red light on, the airbag may or may not deploy, if you want to take that risk it's up to you.

The amber light for the passenger airbag will not affect other airbag, only the red light in the dash indicate a problem with the system.

Remember, Amber light usually mean maintenance (ex: check engine light), Red light mean major issue, this is why oil pressure, brake fluid level, seat-belt, airbag are red in the dashboard.

IMO, you should never pull any bulb from a dashboard.
Add Thank You Reply
I put my seat back in and the light went off completely when I started the car again. It is all set now. I would never pull the bulbs on anything from the dashboard. I am not looking to void my warranty in any way on my car. Not sure if that would do it but I don’t want to chance it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply