Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recommendations for Employers at the big tent?
Sounds similar to the job I have now. I work at a city park, and am there alone at night a lot. Sometimes there's campers, sometimes not. The job pays minimum wage which unfortunately in my living situation isn't enough to live on but if I had a free site and got paid, it would be perfect. Being remote would be nice because I don't like having to deal with toooo many people. Some is ok. Cleaning bathrooms is horrible when the public is using them constantly throughout the day, and some people seriously disrespect the bathrooms purposely. I would love to never have to clean up after the public again but maybe that's just wishful thinking lol. Again though, nobody would probably hire me though because I don't have an rv, just a van. But maybe. Is it advised to bring a copy of a resume to the big tent when talking to employers?
Add Thank You Reply
if you go with the remote campgrounds, they don't care what you have. they just want a warm body. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
waverider1987 (12-04-2017)
(12-04-2017, 10:08 AM)waverider1987 Wrote: Again though, nobody would probably hire me though because I don't have an rv, just a van.  But maybe.  Is it advised to bring a copy of a resume to the big tent when talking to employers?

We got hired when we were only living in our 2000 E150 Van and didn't bring a resume. Just sat down talked to them, told them we really wanted to work, and they hired us right there.
16ft Coachman Clipper is the home, and the E150 Pulls it. Live Free(er)
Instagram: ellocoburrito
https://wanderlovejosh.wordpress.com
https://www.flickr.com/gp/133236240@N04/UpzN26
Add Thank You Reply
waverider1987,

I thumbed through some of your pictures up on Flicker. You seem to have a keen eye for framing various subjects. Some are exceptional!

Hopefully you can make some money with your Photography Talent.

-Mike
Life is tough. Its tougher if you are stupid.
You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

2017 Dodge Ram 1500 reg cab 5.7L Hemi and 1993 18ft Kit Road Ranger 5th Wheel, 200w solar.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to DangerBird for this post:
waverider1987 (12-04-2017)
(12-04-2017, 04:49 PM)WanderLoveJosh Wrote: We got hired when we were only living in our 2000 E150 Van and didn't bring a resume. Just sat down talked to them, told them we really wanted to work, and they hired us right there.

That's the other thing though...you came as a package deal.   How many campground are willing to hire a solo van dweller?
Add Thank You Reply
I know some that have worked solo. Bob W. worked solo too. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
WanderLoveJosh (12-05-2017)
One of our members, Rubber tramp artist, was single and in a van. She has had no problem finding work camping jobs. She’s also written a book.

I’m looking for a link.
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The positions they have the most problems filling are 25 miles or more from a real grocery store and have no hookups. The smaller campgrounds they only want to pay one person. I'm single and have worked for CLM (in OR) and Hoodoo as a camp host. (Hoodoo is on OR and WA) As a company, I liked Hoodoo better, but it depends on your boss.

You may want to contact the companies now for better campground selection. See if ;you can talk to a supervisor for that region that can recommend a campground that fits you better, not everyone wants the same things.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to blars for this post:
waverider1987 (12-05-2017)
Here’s the link to the book
http://www.rubbertrampartist.com/confess...rk-camper/
I'd like to give myself a few negative ratings, because I am such a big meanie. The forum won't allow it. Feel free!

Cyndi (made it across the cattle guard)
http://rvlyeverafter.blogspot.com/

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."
~ Adam Savage
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to cyndi for this post:
waverider1987 (12-05-2017)
Thanks all. I like the idea of remote camp hosting but I wonder if I would get bored and/or lonely being by myself for that long. I see the appeal to it though, and definitly don't mind being alone, but I hate being lonely. I'm also looking at jobs on coolworks, maybe something fun in alaska this summer. But it's nice to know all the options that are out there. I think a remote hosting job would definitly be a nice gig, esp if i wasn't feeling so "people-y", which is more than often the case.

I'm wondering what the pay is like for these remote hosting jobs. And the schedule. Does anyone care to share their experience with this?
Add Thank You Reply