Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CanCooker Jr.
Love using the CanCooker Jr.   Used it today to cook up 5 lbs of chicken breasts which I cubed and seasoned.

Bob
2016 Ford Transit 2500, 130" WB, Mid roof
Full time since Aug 2016
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to BobBski for this post:
highdesertranger (12-04-2017)
hahaha I just asked how you liked it on your other thread. you answered before I even asked. you must have ESP. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
BobBski (12-04-2017)
Can you tell us why you like it? Is it just another pot?
2015 GMC Savannah 2500 van, 480 watts of Solar Panels--and a wonderful furry best friend named Cody. I'm out to change the world!
Add Thank You Reply
A link to the manufacturer's website.
https://www.cancooker.com/

Guy
"We're all bozos on the bus, so might as well sit back and enjoy the ride."

Wavy Gravy

Add Thank You Reply
(12-04-2017, 05:42 PM)akrvbob Wrote: Can you tell us why you like it? Is it just another pot?

I'm wondering about this too. I read over the manufacturer's information and it seems like a simple reciepe would be: put vegetables, meat, liquid in the pot, put the lid on, cook anywhere from 20 minutes to over an hour minutes until it's done.  I don't see much difference between cooking with the CanCooker over a regular pot.  ??
Add Thank You Reply
Does it work like a pressure cooker??
Add Thank You Reply
it doesn't build pressure, there is a small hole in the lid. it's for steaming and boiling. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
Stargazer (12-05-2017)
$45 for a SOS pot with a fancy name? NO thank you, I'd rather put that money into my gas tank! I can find something compatible and the local thrift shop for under $5. Just sayin
Add Thank You Reply
It’s lid is rubber sealed, clamps down and small hole in top. Has racks that lift what you’re cooking off the bottom of pan and only takes 12 oz of liquid to work. I cooked 5 lbs of chicken in 30 minutes the other day in 1/2 hour on low after bringing to a boil. Cooks much faster than any standard pot, cross between pressure cooker and regular pan. Cooks/steams everything all at once. Well worth the investment to me.
Bob
Full time since Aug 2016
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to BobBski for this post:
highdesertranger (12-06-2017), tonyandkaren (12-06-2017)
It is also my only big pot and can be used as such. Only other cooking pans I have are a clam shell 8” fry pan and a small sauce pan.
Bob
Full time since Aug 2016
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to BobBski for this post:
tonyandkaren (12-06-2017)