Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does anyone have a compact laser SCANNER?
Ink-jets are such a ripoff, and now it seems like you have to have a large printer attachment on top of a laser printer for a scanner attachment: B&W, forget color.

It seems like a scanner is an essential communication device, even if that billionaire charges $500 for Adobe Reader software now. It's a shame you have to get furniture size combined printers and scanners to avoid being fleeced by the inkjet criminals: all of them. I think the Adobe billionaire is somehow controlling the reduced scanner products available now in the marketplace too by PDF licensing restrictions placed on scanner manufacturers.

Since we are ruthlessly bombarded by Chinese garbage goods, I wish we could have access to their no-patent markets as well on Ebay and Amazon  Smile

Bob the Guru probably uses Adobe and scanners in his mobile business often I'm sure to communicate. I wish he would do an early release chapter on his next book on how to get small laser scanner printers and Adobe software at reasonable prices. I think US Patents and greed may have already won out on this big quiet patent play for an already billionaire. Maybe the Adobe CEO/owner did not observe what has happened to Bill Gates lately with his scoliosis, due to preoccupation with ruthless greed ?!?!
Add Thank You Reply
I think for most mobile dwellers, the paper-less office is finally here!

Cool
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
I have a tiny scanner that I got for about $40 at Best Buy. It can scan directly to pdf or several other formats.
Add Thank You Reply
(12-05-2017, 09:39 PM)Reducto Wrote: I have a tiny scanner that I got for about $40 at Best Buy. It can scan directly to pdf or several other formats.

If you have a scanner name and model, I'd gratefully appreciate the information.

From a brief research, FAX files converted to TIFF files just by changing to the TIFF suffix may be one answer for B&W versions anyway. But it doesn't help the fact that everything is in pdf file formats now, just to find out basic information (that little billionaire b'tard!).

And it also doesn't help a third of a century's product development moved back to square one. JPEG files are cool  Wink
Add Thank You Reply
I have a Brother DS-620. It's a good one. Does everything I want.

[Image: MDS-620.sub_image.jpg]
Einstein, when describing radio said "Wire telegraph is like a very long cat. You pull his tail in NY and he meows in LA. And radio works the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat."

Add Thank You Reply
(12-05-2017, 08:53 PM)breeze Wrote:  I think the Adobe billionaire is somehow controlling the reduced scanner products available now in the marketplace too by PDF licensing restrictions placed on scanner manufacturers.

But pdf is an open, royalty-free standard now....or at least that's what I have been led to believe.
Never trust a camp cook with lots of shiny new pans...
Add Thank You Reply
I would highly recommend the Fujitsu Snapscan products. The hardware is good and can be completely powered by USB and the the software is excellent.

https://www.amazon.com/Fujitsu-ScanSnap-...1512537871
Add Thank You Reply
Free/opensource Imagemagick will hack/alter/convert almost any format, including pdf.

It seems unlikely that a medical condition like scoliosis is caused by greed.
frater/jason @ Quartzsite
blog | Promaster van | offtopic answers
"I would unite with anybody to do right; and with nobody to do wrong" F. Douglass
Add Thank You Reply
If you are iPhone or iPad user there are many decent doc scanner apps, I use genius scan.
Android has a few as well, can't vouch for them.
Without being nosey, what is your ultimate goal? Scanning docs/personal papers?
a tag along vagabond, hopefully ftrv by 2020
tav-2020   http://tagalongvagabond.com
Add Thank You Reply
I have an app on my phone and tablet called Tiny Scanner. It turns photos into PDFs. You're not going to get super high resolution for art, obviously, but it's great for documents.

Thought I'd throw that out there.
Ted
Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to WalkaboutTed for this post:
Van Mama Wannabe (12-06-2017), tx2sturgis (12-06-2017)