Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken heart by a Non-nomad
I wouldn't wait for the holidays I know how you feel people think they know what's best for us and the reality is we don't necessarily need the tie-down of bills cars houses jewelry fancy stuff all we really need is a True Companion to travel with to see the sights with do fun things with. Me being a man I had to learn that just because society says men should be in control does not necessarily mean that's the way it should be I believe everybody should be the pilot of their own path and if two peoples path travel the same road then that's a glorious thing.

Sent from my Z799VL using Tapatalk
Add Thank You Reply
The following 3 users say Thank You to Jeremiah Diminovich for this post:
dawnann7 (12-14-2017), pnolans (12-14-2017), RollingOm (12-13-2017)
Me personally I will probably spend the holidays alone out here in the desert I got tired of my kids the ex-wife the family the friends everybody trying to control me and tell me what they thought I needed to do to be happy and like you said sometimes just sitting around a campfire is happiness enough

Add Thank You Reply
The following 2 users say Thank You to Jeremiah Diminovich for this post:
dawnann7 (12-14-2017), pnolans (12-14-2017)
I would have done the same, Jeremiah, just spend the holidays out there in the desert, but I came to CA more for my family than for me.  I figured sacrificing one month in the city is a small price, then I will run for the hills like my pants are on fire  Big Grin

RollingOm
Add Thank You Reply
I have a friend on the East Coast that's a female in her 30 40s That was supposed to follow me out here but things kept blocking her way now she's feeling stuck because of the holidays having to be with family and friends and not do the things that she feels would make her happy sometimes the best Christmas gift we can give somebody is letting them know we found ourselves and have peace in our minds and souls

Add Thank You Reply
I agree completely!

It's nearly impossible to convey to others the true foundation of happiness....a self directed, authentic life.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to free2enjoy for this post:
akrvbob (12-14-2017)
(12-14-2017, 07:09 AM)free2enjoy Wrote: I agree completely!  

It's nearly impossible to convey to others the true foundation of happiness....a self directed, authentic life.

Or to put it another way, as I would put it, "lack of bossy assholes makes for a happier, more content , life"
I think pure happiness is a little more elusive than that.  IMO.  

Speaking of which RollingOm, I hope you're not still near that asshole.  

Regards to you, 

Pat
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to pnolans for this post:
RollingOm (12-14-2017)
(12-07-2017, 02:32 PM)RollingOm Wrote: Now that I'm out of there my smiles are coming back, and most important I'm gaining back my peaceful heart.

I've been living apart from my husband for several months and we are going back and forth on whether to "try again" or not. This is the key thing I have also noticed - my smile and my "self" is coming back. Peaceful heart, as well. What a joy to rediscover what you thought was lost.

Hugs...
It's little I care what path I take,
And where it leads it's little I care,
But out of this house, lest my heart break,
I must go, and off somewhere! 
 ~ Edna St. Vincent Millay
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to dawnann7 for this post:
free2enjoy (12-14-2017)
(12-14-2017, 11:20 AM)pnolans Wrote: Speaking of which RollingOm, I hope you're not still near that asshole.  

Regards to you, 

Pat

Thank you Pat! 
Add Thank You Reply
I'm in my 40's and I was raised in society warm in or in control women were supposed to stay home not after raise in 7 kids for of them being girls all to adulthood I have learned the only person that has control over us or the people we give it to be your own person set your own Destiny's control your own life and when you find a man that agrees to go same concepts with you you will have a beautiful life

Add Thank You Reply
And don't feel bad its not your fault my wife of 20 years just left me about a year ago for a man that can provide her with the shiny things she thinks she wants because I'm disabled and can't provide that type of income. Its funny cuz I've destroyed my body putting her through college to make 20 plus dollars and hour now I can't even afford to buy coffee for the month.

Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to Jeremiah Diminovich for this post:
RollingOm (12-16-2017)