Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hibachi cooking
Actually, baking.  Is it possible to bake in a hibachi?  Just a thought, might have to try it before I hit the road, but if someone else already has, I'd like to hear about your experience.
Add Thank You Reply
Other than roasting meat & veg, too small and close, tinfoil wrapped like a campfire, fine.

Camp Chef and others make pizza add-ons to propane stoves, obviously fine for many breads but prolly not fine control for cakes.
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to John61CT for this post:
GypsySpirit (12-08-2017)
Dutch Oven. you can bake anything in a Dutch Oven. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to highdesertranger for this post:
GypsySpirit (12-08-2017)
Someone gave me one. Just wondered if I could throw a pan of muffins or cornbread in it successfully.
Add Thank You Reply
sure you can do it, all it takes is practice. if you have a muffin pan that fits you could use it. or just put your recipe directly it in the Dutch oven, that's how most do it. highdesertranger
Add Thank You Reply
I think I am missing something here.  Was the original post about baking some how on a hibachi?  I didnt think anything could be cooked in a hibachi.

And HDR is right (from my experience) you can cook almost anything in a dutch oven.

“Lo, I would wander far away, I would lodge in the peace of the wilderness."
Add Thank You Reply
Just googled and yes dutch oven pizza is a thing.
Add Thank You Reply
Depending on what you're doing, you don't even need a dutch oven. Cast iron skillet with a cast iron lid will work.
2001 Ford Econoline 150
If it's low-cost camping, I'm interested
Add Thank You Reply
The following 1 user says Thank You to jacqueg for this post:
GypsySpirit (12-16-2017)